Unofficial Arcanum Patch: Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is intentional. It would break the game if you could avoid talking to plot specific NPCs by using invisibility/prowling.

2. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

I'm not sure if you've already fixed this in a later version of the UAP, or if it's even fix-able. I tend to run the game in fast turnbased mode, and I've noticed that you can easly avoid traps using it. And other monsters/NPCs avoids my traps. Let's take the BMC trap "corridor" for instance, I tend to just pop on combat mode and teleport myself through the corridor without settings any traps of. Hope this makes sense to you

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

In the warehouse in Tarant where the twin skulls are located, there is a rat and an ogre guard within the warehouse guarding it. When one kills both, there is lootable money on the rat (I don't recall there being any lootable anything on most creatures in the game) while there is nothing on the ogre. Shouldn't it be switched around?

4. Tuco

Tuco New Member

I'm not sure whether or not I've missed something, but at one point in the changelog you save you had restored passive animations to turn-based combat. This is no longer in the changelog. What happened?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not really fixable, I suppose, since one would have to add a plenty of new code, because fast TB indeed just teleports you, it only checks for blocked tiles, IIRC.
    The testing showed that they do cause problems. They're out until I solve the said problems.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Brought to my attention:

I double-checked this in a stock game with UAP and a hacked save. Got the same results. Magnus gets stuck in a loop where he only spouts a "met-before" greeting and your only dialog option is a conversation exit.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, that was because the override dialog was breaking you out of the already started normal dialog. This is now fixed. However, there may be other dialogs with a similar problem, so it may be worthwhile to do some testing on the matter.

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Ok - So far I found these:

With Jayna, Sogg, Jacob Bens, Constable Owens, Ristezze, Lloyd Gurloes (sp?), Gaylin, and Percival Toone, once you do the invisable first contact, they know you when you turn off the invisablity and speak to them again.

Also, is Garrick Stout one of those NPCs rigged to ignore invisability for the storyline? He launched into his dialog without hesitation.

Edit: 01074 - Raven - Line 1265. Wrong female response when asking about Black Root.

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    This is probably not a bug but rather a suggestion for a future extra pack: Some characters have wonky ages. I've always envisioned Sogg to be somewhere in his late thirties/early forties, not the green 20-year-old he is according to his character sheet. Dante is also 20 years old, though he should be about 50 in my opinion.

I'm sure there are more examples.

10. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Yeah, I've been wondering about Dante too. :D

And, is Raven really 1000 years old?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, this should be a common side effect. However, if it doesn't break the game as with Magnus' dialog, it shouldn't be a problem, I suppose.

That's because the dialog related to invisibility and other magickal effects (summoned creatures, body spells, polymorph, etc) is used only when an NPC starts dialog with a generic greeting, or if there are any script checks.

Yes, I know. However, this is a romance specific line, so it isn't available to females.

12. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

13. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

No.. Don't you see? If he's only 200 years old he's lying about beeing Nasrudin.

14. Roller

Roller New Member

im not sure if its a bug in UAP, but gypsies identify already identified items sometimes.(and charge)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the matter of ages:

Raven:
    The game starts in 1885. This way Raven is 277 years old. I'll set her age to 277 if there are no objections.

Z'an Al'urin is 980 years old, although it's quite obvious that she's young, and Arronax in particular says so, as well. However, her age isn't specified anywhere. Should I just reset her age to default 200 years for elves?

Considering Nasrudin. The age stat is currently capped at 1000. Is it worth it increasing the cap if only for Nasrudin? And if so, what age should I give him? 2000?

16. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

For Nasrudin alone it probably isn't actually worth it. All the stories and legends we hear about him in the game give a pretty decent estimate for his age to being around 2,000 or so (I'd go 2,300 + or -. He mentions fighting dragons and so forth before even the Council was formed). However, his stats are wanky. He really sucks for being this legendary all powerful mage.
    Anyway, irregardless of what his character sheet says, players get a good inkling of his true age all throughout the game.

17. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

277 sounds good for Raven's age. I'd say go for it.

Nasrudin: I'm in agreement with Archmage here. Reseting the cap for just one character isn't worth it.

18. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I always figured it to be a person who was also a wererat, like the werewolf outside of town. Thus, they might have a money pouch or something on them.

19. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Although, it would open up a possibility for really old folk in mods and such. *shrug* Just a thought. I'm not sure how difficult it would be.

20. Rado

Rado New Member

First of all, thanks for making me take another shot at Arcanum.

I'm playing a dummy ogre and here's what I noticed:

When in Tarant, I was asked to get a note to 36 Low Dervish Row. Looking for the street, I accidentaly arrived at the location disclosed in the note (without ever opening it) and when I engaged the orc therein, I was able to tell him that I've read the note, even though I did not. A fight ensued.

Later on, I finally found 36 Low Dervish Road, gave the note, and since it was sealed, got paid.

I think the dialogue in the first location shouldn't be triggered if the note was not read.

EDIT:

Oh, and I can't tell the lady that lost her painting that I actually found it (by accident).

Also, probably not related to the patch, but does anyone know why my cursor disappears from time to time? The only solution for that I found is to restart the game.

EDIT 2:

In Ashbury, the mayor thanked me for, eh, something. Then it turned out that I finished a quest in which I was supposed to answer questions at council meeting. It was the first time I talked to him, so I have no idea what it's all about. Something related to me being in newspaper I suppose.

EDIT 3:

Since I'm a pure tank, I have already maxed out all the fight-related stats and keep a considerable amount of character points in reserve. That allows me to make my character smarter if I want to reload and experience a non-dummy variant of a conversation.

So here's what hapenned.

In Dernhom, I made Druella marry Stout, killed Stout, killed Druella.

Then I visted Akeen (Aikeen?) in Stillwater and asked him to make me a master dodger. He agreed upon the condition I kill Stout. I have already done so and told him just that, but kept the fact that I was the one to take Druella's life to myself.

Two things appeared in my diary.

A MENTIONED quest that verbosely described I need to kill Stour and take his eyes, as well as a FINISHED one, with same overall meaning, but briefer.

When I talked to master dodger himself, it was as if I never vanquished Stout and my master was waiting for the arrogant's fool eyes, which I did not have.

When playing as a dummy, the dialogue just repeats. In other words, he makes me a master, then, if I talk to him again, he doesn't know who I am and the cycle begins anew.

EDIT 4:

When talking to William Bench in Falcon Ache, if I add some INT and CH to my character, I can only ask what Bill is doing there and then leave, even though I was given a task to get rid of him by Raven. Finishing this quest is impossible.

Our Host!