Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. XTimmy

XTimmy New Member

Thanks again.
    I get XP for their kills, but not the hits themselves, you know how you get XP for hitting a NPC not just killing them? I used to get XP from my companions doing the same but not anymore :p Could someone test to see if this is happening to them.

Since it looks like I'm gonna be backing up my saves, if I uninstalled, reinsstalled, reinstalled WIP 4.4THEN used the Clearcache would my old saves from current game (4.4) they'd still function.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Actually, I didn't know that. I'll check it out.

The reinstall - There shouldn't be any problem, unless perhaps, if you saved after finding a serious glitch. The glitch might be encoded in the save and cause the other saves to become corrupted when you try to load the bad one.

If you have saved after a serious glitch, go slow and add the saves, one at a time, starting with the oldest, and testing each with a start of the game. When you come to the one that fails to load, you'll know for certain which ones are safe to use. Since you'll be copying the saves from your backup, replacing the good ones will be easy enough.

3. armaxor

armaxor New Member

Hello! I seem to have such problem: every time I try to use 'explosive decoy' - I get instantly teleported to Silver Lady.
    I am using latest WIP 5.0.

4. frosted ambassador

frosted ambassador New Member

Two tiny issues:

Dimensional Traveller is spelt: "Dimensional traveller."

and

The dialogue with Faithe in Shrouded Hills leads to, "I'll think about it. A few more questions..." which ends the dialogue abruptly.

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, armaxor!

Found your problem (and a couple others). Thanks for telling me.

Everyone - the hop-bots have a conflict with some old teleport scripts I overlooked.
    Avoid using them until I can get the next version to you - which'll be real soon!
    Damned things worked alright when I tried them..... grumble, grumble, grumble.

frosted ambassador: Found them and fixed them. Thanks!

Forget about the effects testing thread - I'll get this packed and uploaded tonight. We'll do effects testing right here.

Edit: I've sent the download link to The_Bob but we can get the show going now.

Edit: removed link

Delete all the 5.0 components, install the 5.1, use the DrogsCleanCache.bat, and I suggest starting a new game.

The new backgrounds that are above the old effects limit are: Panarii Acolyte, Cosmopolitian, Dwarven Activist, Entrepeneur, Child of Fortune, Jack of all Trades, and Cursed Adventurer.
    If you wish to help test the new effects limit, please choose one of the ones mentioned above.

Sorry for the hassle folks.

6. Klaz

Klaz New Member

Using the AWIP 5.1 exe, in my game there are two "Entrepeneur" backgrounds, each one with different effects but the same description.

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Found it. The Child of Fortune background was the one that got glitched.

Thanks for telling me.

8. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

The new version is now in the DL section. That was quite a speedy update there, rroyo.

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Updated the first post!

The_Bob - This was needed. Yesterday!

10. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

If you're referring to the 18 hours between the first announcement of the file and the time the link was put in the dl section - different timezones are mostly to blame. That and my zealous double checking of the files before I add the links - but I'd rather be late then find out in a day or two that the file was broken.

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

No, no! Bad joke.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you did.

12. XTimmy

XTimmy New Member

You're truly a source of infinite wisdom, when I get the time I'll try all that out.

13. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I'm still using 5.0 at the moment will upgrade ASAP

When I enter the pit on the Isle of Despair the first fighter (Borag) and the second fighter (Elf Thief) both spawn and fight me, I enter a second time and I have already killed the elf so I automatically exit, I enter a third time and get stuck because the third fighter won't spawn.

14. armaxor

armaxor New Member

Hello again. I've noticed 3 things:
    1). Magnus starts his dialogue about ..why are you taking his property(almanac, gauntlets).. even when you haven't yet spoken to him at all. (He spoke to me after I pickpocketed him for fun).
    2). Some spells like 'teleport' waste fate point at 'spell at maximum', bit i've never noticed any difference and I don't think there is.
    3). Many npcs (like guards in Wheel clan) start speaking to you even when you are invisible and prowling.
    rroyo, maybe you can also add backgrounds which are used for example in carArcanum - there were really cool ones - like 'Ex Angel' for an elf.
    Thanks, your mod is really something.

15. stylex

stylex Member

Where could I find a 5.1?I see only 4.4 in the main post.

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Vorak and Armaxor: It's going to take me a little while to properly test these, so check back here Saturday.
    Thanks for letting me know.

stylex: I did change the download link. Here it is again.

*Link removed*

17. stylex

stylex Member

Oh, it said that "you can get A:WIP 4.4 here:...",so i thought it's 4.4...Thanks!

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

And thanks for pointing this out to me. :thumbup:

Edit 1 -

Vorak: Tested the pit with packed 5.1, male human, Jack of All Trades background, stock game level-up (just to be sure), and three tries. All three sessions cycled through without a problem, although the reset after the third fighter seemed to be a bit longer than I remember.

Upgrade to 5.1. I'm not sure if the problem was with 5.0 or just a random glitch, but it seems to have been solved with the new release.

Edit 2 -

armaxor: Hacked the same PC as above for magic spells.

1) I, too got the part with Magnus. There's probably an overlooked flag about if you've met before. I'll see if I can find it.

2) I tried a handful of different spells, including teleport, and couldn't see any difference between using the fate points and using the spells straight.
    Could you be a little more specific as to what you were expecting?

3) You seem to have a small glitch with this one as they all reacted properly to an invisable PC.

4) The Car-Arcanum backgrounds: I just might at that.

And thanks!

19. armaxor

armaxor New Member

1) about the spells: to be honest - I don`t really know what to expect; maybe for such spells like fireflash or bolt of lightning - more damage and no chance for an enemy to save. But for teleport - it always is and does the same, that is why I thought fate point is not necessary.
    2) about reaction to invisibility: maybe it is only my glitch, but I meant such situations when npcs start speaking to pc themselves - like that assassin at the crash site, fake Radcliffe in Shrouded Hills or guards in Wheel clan (when you visit it for the first time - the say 'stop' and question you why have you come).
    One more thing: in the game electro armour (all sizes) is written as Electro-Armor. English is not my native, but I think it should be written as armour.

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Ok - This gives me a little more to go on.

1) Using a fate point for "spell at maximum" should make sure the target gets the maximum amount of damage. No doubt, there's a dozen different ways the NPC could blunt the effect - I haven't learned these yet so I'm really not sure why you're not getting the full benefit of the point use. Sorry.
    Also -
    Fireflash got nerfed a bit for this release - it used to do 15-45 damage and that was reset to 15-25. If you were using this and remembering what it used to do....
    Bolt of Lightning on the other hand got bumped up - from 20-70 damage to 50-100. This was giving me some one-shot-one-kill results.
    Teleport on the other hand, just is. Without mastery it has a 50 point penality for use and the fate points won't change that.

2) You're right about some NPC reacting normally to an invisible PC. They have a proximity check that interupts the normal pattern of the game and begins the conversation. It seems that Troika neglected to put in a check for invisability, which is why you get the normal conversation.

Edit:
    3) In the UAP, the spelling and punctation was standardized for American English and punctuation. That's why you see armor instead of armour.
    (Just when I was getting used the the British style.... :/ )

Our Host!