Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Your memory isn't too far off - there was a passage from the main section to the jail in the original design. I made a few changes....

Forget what you used to know and look at this expansion as if you are seeing the game for the first time, because the Wolfe Cave wasn't the only thing that got modified. :D

2. Hannibal

Hannibal New Member

Dualy noted, lol. There ARE quite a few changes I've noticet to my delight, and the Arbalest really helps in the beggining :thumbup:

as I play, I remember more of what I had seen, which brings me back to the isle of dispair.......wasn't there a whole "village" as well as quests that were Needed? like...one for the wheel clan, for example...... what I'm asking I guess is, what was your motive behind wiping out that part ? or are you re-doing it?

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You forgot the gift Madam Lil is carrying when you changed the time bomb art.

[​IMG]

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'm fairly sure a present like that would be a guaranteed way of souring the marriage.

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Further testing of the Thieves Guid quests in Tarant has found another problem.

The activated Shrecks multibarrelled pistol schematic is not recognised by Mr Black, I am unable to tell him I have it and finish the quest.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Madam Lil & Mr. Black.
    I'm on it. Thanks.

The camp is gone in your game? That's not supposed to happen as I haven't done anything there except add the UAP bug-fixes.

I'll plug in my packed version and see what I get.

Edit: Fixed the package art and the schematic. Both were human errors - mine.

I can't remember - does anyone else use the wrapped package as a package? I didn't see anything in the quests to suggest there was.

Hannibal: I just did a in-game real-time run from the site I was scouting over to the camp. It's there and the people are talking. I'm afraid the problem lies on your end with a glitched install. Sorry.

7. XTimmy

XTimmy New Member

Currently using 4.4 and I'm leveling quite a bit slower than I remember...
    I saw those numbers in the OP about leveling (1.0x, 2.0x etc) however that really means nothing to me, sorry. Does this mod slow leveling for levels 1-10 or what?
    And if so, can I turn it off, it feels rather frustrating to be progressing so slowly.

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, XTimmy!

No, for levels 1- 10, it's still stock-game level-ups. From 11 on up though, the amount of points needed steadily increases.
    This was needed to offset the effects my new adventures were having on the leveling scheme.

And the only practical way to "turn it off" would be to extract the original xp_level.mes from the Arcanum3.mes, create a folder named rules in the data folder, add the extracted mes to the rules folder, then starting a new game.

9. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Clean Install

I have decided to come back to Arcanum after...well over a year I think, and want to fully play the WIP Mod that I have read so much about.

The question is: Do I install the "arcanum_en_1074.exe" and THEN install the "AWIP5.0.exe" ?

The readme file for WIP5 says "A:WIP 4.0 and newer Players - Delete the Arcanum.exe, Arcanum5.dat, and the Arcanum.patch1 files,
    and double-click the Drog'sCleanCache.bat before installing this update.
    "

There is not a Arcanum5.dat

Later in the WIP readme file it says "A:WIP 2.2 and 3.0 players:

You will not be able to use a saved game with this release. Completely uninstall your current game
    and start fresh.

Instructions:

1) You will need a fresh, clean copy of Arcanum and the 1.0.7.4_EN patch.

2) When the install is finished, delete the Sierra/Arcanum/Arcanum.exe.

3) Download the AWIP5.0.exe directly into your Sierra/Arcanum folder and double-click to extract
    the files.

4) Move the Arcanum.PATCH1 to the Sierra/Arcanum/modules folder.

5) Start the game."

Do I to assume that after the "Instructions:" Heading those are for a fresh clean just from the CD Install instructions for WIPv5?

I hope that dose not sound like a dumb question. I have learned with mods to install them EXACTLY as instructed and taking a little more time for clarification can save a month of lost time.

10. frosted ambassador

frosted ambassador New Member

I'm pretty sure it goes:

1) Install/Reinstall Arcanum
    2) Install official patch.
    3) Install AWIP

Just to simplify it as to how I did it.

11. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Thank you for replying.
    Am I supposed to see a chest with a book in at the crash by my character? (I think that was the way it was a year or year and a half ago).
    Also is there any kind of a guide anywhere for this mod? I would like to make sure I do not miss anything.

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Yes and yes.

The chest is still being used at the crash site.

The guide, so to speak, is the !!!ReadMe!!!.txt. It lists all the changes I've made.

If you need help to find the new locations, Virgil has a map-marking cheat in his dialog and there's an atlas in the Tarant Library.

13. XTimmy

XTimmy New Member

Grazie. I'll continue to watch and use this mod with interest.

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Glad to hear it. :)

Bug report - Weldo Rubin's leveling scheme got wiped during packing.

15. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Awesome stuff Rroyo! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

FourHorsemen & everyone else:

In a couple days I'll be making an unofficial release in a new thread to test the reset effects levels.

In addition to some new backgrounds, there will be the 5.0 bug-fixes, and some adjusting of certain spells.

Here's what it will have:

1) Reset the effects limits from 0-399 to 0-499.
    2) Added 16 new backgrounds created by The_Deathsangel.
    3) Adjusted Harm from 3-40 damage to 3-20.
    4) Adjusted Fireflash from 15-45 damage to 15-25.
    5) Adjusted Stone Throw from from 1-50 damage to 20-50.
    6) Adjusted Minor Heal from 5-30 to 10-50.
    7) Adjusted Major Heal from 40-80 to 50-100.
    8 ) Adjusted Bolt of Lightning from 20-70 damage to 50-100.
    9) Reset the art used by Madam Lil's package.
    10) Reset the internal listing for the Schreck's Pistol Schematic.
    11) Added a "prototype" Schreck's Multibarrel Pistol to the cabinet.
    12) Reset Weldo Rubin's leveling scheme.

If you want to wait for the test release, and help check for problems, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

17. XTimmy

XTimmy New Member

Forgot my second question, you've disabled the mechanic that gives your PC XP for companion's hits correct? When Virgil hits a wolf for instance I used to get experience, apparently no more, was this deliberate?

18. The_Deathsangel

The_Deathsangel New Member

Making the number 26, with 6 stat changing backgrounds.... Sorry, couldn't help myself :p
    Consider it a minor payment for the work ;)

19. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

XTimmy: No I didn't and I couldn't find a listing in the UAP that even suggested it would. I'm not sure what's going on with you, but while I'm testing tonight, I'll see if I get the same problem.

Edit: Three different start-ups. Three different characters. Three different backgrounds and with all of them I was getting the points from kills made by followers. I'm afraid the problem is on your end.
    Try starting a new game just long enough to see if this is still happening. If it is, I'd suggest doing a fresh install of my hack and double-clicking the DrogsCleanCache.bat before starting the game again.

The_Deathsangel: Terms accepted. :)

20. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Alright Rroyo...I'll hang on then :)

Keep up the good work!

BTW...I'm working on that sword image...it'sa bit tricky cos its very pixelated but I think I might be able to come up with something...

Our Host!