Is Krupp's ranged weapon mod compatible with the UAP?

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by PaulMorel, Oct 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PaulMorel

PaulMorel New Member

I was recommended the Krupp's mod if I wanted to play as a tech character as the tech in the game was broken (it's my first time playing the game). But I heard that the Unofficial Patch fixes several bugs, so I'm tending to play with it if it's incompatible with Krupp's mod. So, my question is if they are compatible, and if not, any recommendation on how to play as a tech that doesn't become frustating?

Forgot to add that I want to be as minimalistic as possible regarding mods, as this is my first playthrough.

2. DarthCyruss

DarthCyruss New Member

just download the official 1.0.7.4 patch then the unofficial patch and the extra patch

3. PaulMorel

PaulMorel New Member

Okay, but can I install Krupp's mod on top of the unofficial patch?

(and i'm not sure if i'll isntall the extra, the content were removed for a reason)

4. DarthCyruss

DarthCyruss New Member

i'm not sure about compatibility, but the unofficial patch will remove almost every bug in the game, so you don't even need Krupp's weapon mod

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It should be compatible, mostly. Although I wouldn't recommend installing any balance tweaks on your first playthrough.

6. PaulMorel

PaulMorel New Member

It's what I wanted, but I really want to play as a technologist, and I heard that they are very underpowered. Are they exaggerating?

7. frosted ambassador

frosted ambassador New Member

They aren't exactly underpowered, but are actually realistic (e.g, you need to worry about bullets, weight, etc.). I had no problems with technological weapons when I played through.

8. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Firearms may appear to be underpowered, due to their low lethality - it takes a few shots to kill a human or a wolf, while the common sense dictates that a single bullet wound would be enough to put down most creatures. On the other hand, firearms in Arcanum generally have much greater rate of fire then actual guns of that era, so it's pretty much balanced out.

In a more realistic model, you'd have to carry around a few flintlock pistols and reload them before combat - but each shot, if only it hit, would be quite lethal. Same would go for muskets and other single shot guns. In such model, revolvers would simply be overpowered and a machinegun would make combat boring.

Also, the way they are goes pretty well with how combant works in Arcanum - it makes the system appear consistent. Otherwise, all combat would be about one-hit-kills and weapons bouncing off armor.

9. ArnelMachida

ArnelMachida New Member

I guess we need a weapons like a riffle one-shot one-kill.

new here.

Our Host!