Making my Robot Army

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Kriztalix, Sep 28, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kriztalix

Kriztalix New Member

Hello all!

I just started messing around with a Techie Character and had some questions:

I was messing around and made a small group of Arachnids (2 Med and 6 Poison)

i got to thinking i wanted something that moved a little faster and looks a little cooler so i thought "Hey! ill make some automatons! robot minions are a staple for any aspiring evil genius!" *insert evil laugh here*

Now i have a slight delay on my plans of conquest and tech driven glory....dwarven steel...does anyone know where i can get that stuff in bulk? i need at least 10 since i plan to keep 6-8 automatons running about at once with some backup materials just incase one dies out on me for good.

also, are the automaton gunners worth it? ive never made one since ive always played a mage in my past games and this time i just wanted to really RP a loser going from street thief and using his ill gotten funds to make himself a techno-evil-genius

also one more question: ive got Drog's UAP and i was wondering if these 2 things/mods/hacks/whateveryoucallit will mess it up - the make all ammo weigh nothing and give shopkeepers alot more stuff to sell (i wanna make myself and evil genius with schematic variety since the list is kinda lacking at 1st tbh and the ability to be well stocked when i need materials mind you)

thanks for any help and info...got im desperate to get my automatons up and running...once i have found a steady source of dwarven steel.....oh that day will be almost sweeter than when my robots go to war with the world for me.... :D

2. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

The automaton gunner is broken, and it doesn't seem like anyone is going to fix it anytime soon.

For dwarven steel I suggest the dwarven smith in Caladon, or the wheel clan. You can occasionally find some in dwarven chests, in BMC and the Derge.

As for the hacks, I dunno about the ammo hack, but modifying shopkeepers' inventories shouldn't brake anything. Also you can try the ammo hack, and if something brakes simply uninstall it. Potential problems shouldn't be too severe anyways.

3. Kriztalix

Kriztalix New Member

aw well that sucks.....so no army of robots gunning down all enemies from a distance it seems....what exactly is wrong with the gunner? does it just not shoot or something? oh well...looks like im gonna have to be happy with an army of angry melee robots... :thumbdown:

well thanks though, ill definately go look up those 2 guys for the steel. time to go do some damage hehe :)

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think it usually just crashes the game.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's nothing to fix, it's non-existent.

6. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

7. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Find it out in the game, like the rest of us?

8. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

You have to get the schematic, and have the expertise and the required parts. :D

Our Host!