Permanent invisibilty?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by wastelandhero, Sep 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

I have searched and searched and googled and searched some more and found nothing. How is the permanent invisibilty trick done with a stock game. Frigo's party/powergamer idea has me intrigued.

2. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

permanent invisiblity in the game? I remember finding a ring that gave that. though -95% health regeneration

3. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

The ring of shadows, yes that ring. But apparently there is a bug that gives you permanent invisibilty that I can't seem to figure out.

4. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

I don't really understand what you mean. The invisibility should go off once you remove the ring. If it doesnt get removed then patch the game to 1074, that's the version I'm using and it's working fine.

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You need to have a bunch of HEALTH potions for this, if you restore mana as well it won't work.

Equip the ring then stay on the inventory screen. Your health will start to drop so use potions like mad to stay alive, once you fall unconscious unequip the ring and either use a mana potion or wait until you wake up (you can't advance time when you are unconscious).

You are nw permanently invisible.

6. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

My favourite pastime is running around Kree invisible, and stealing barbarians' boots with fate points.

Look up some videos on youtube if you have problems with the perma invi trick, I believe there is at least one.

Ah, yes, also, some tips if you have trouble following my original plan:
    - Use the gold doubling bug if you can't be bothered with all the (otherwise fun) stuff of robbing Ristezze & the wise women & the mages in Tarant. The latter can be very frustrating sometimes.
    - I used a version of rroyo's mod that also modified the inventory of wise women, otherwise I'd get mad waiting for arcane stuff to turn up. I can't remember which version was it though. I'm pretty sure there are other ways too.
    - I'd say some more things, but that would spoil the fun considerably, so follow the original plan instead.

7. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

THe Permanent invisibility trick is probably an offshoot of the "permanancy trick" wit the stock game.

First you need to have a Leval 5 in the Meta School to be avle to cast Reflection Shield.

Cast Invisibility on Yourself
    Cast Reflection Shield on Yourself.
    Cancel the Invisibility Spell
    Cancel Reflection Shield.

If you've done this correctly, you should now be permanantly invisble.

This also works with a lot of other spells, some of which can be quite handy:

- Agility of Fire, Hardened hands and Haste (permanently pump up yourself and your followers).

But the best one....has to be Dominate Will which will let you make permament followers out of 99% of the characters in the game.

Why bother trying to become the melee master when you can make him work for you?

How about having Lianna Del Par and Clarissa Shalmo on your team?

Or the Bow Master Ketziel Pierce?

OR many turn Madam Lil's girls into your own private Charlies Angels team?

Or even the legendary Stillwater Giant?

I once used the trick to make every female in the game into follower, although not at the same time mind you. You can make some of them wait and they will wait forever wherever you leave them.

You can even use it to force Raven into the void IIRC.

And I tried taking all of them into the Void and the game lagged to hell :p

Alternatively, if you want to leave the NPCs alone...you can always use Control Beast instead and grab yourself some Ancient Bears or Patriarch Wolves.

8. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Our Host!