Arcanum/Blue Rose Progress

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Sep 5, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I said I was gonna convert Arcanum to Blue Rose, and I wasn't kidding.

Finished:

*Races

In Progress:

*Backgrounds
    *Magic
    *MA/TA Bonuses
    *'Roles'

On The List:
    *Schematics
    *Skills
    *Feats

2. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Don't forget, it should be in the rules that there is always a Madam Lil's within easy walking distance. Follow the Starbucks franchise model.
    Instead of getting as a half-caffe latte, I can get a half-elf lay.
    The die roll table for that should be interesting. 8)

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

:-o OW. MY BRAIN. Why must you do this to me late at night?

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    There should be a magic item that teleports you to Madam Lil's instantly. Could have an interesting backstory.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Fine. You boys want the magic item?

YOU make it. I'm busy.

6. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    Because that's when I'm awake. :p

Can't. Busy. *closes door quietly* Besides, the only things I can find around here are mech and require you to either have power cells or know how to work a pull-cord.----Gotta go. Madam Lil wants her money---

7. Packersfan30_3

Packersfan30_3 New Member

Thanks for contributing to the community!

Love role-playing games aren't my thing, but hey, an Arcanum mod is an Arcanum mod!

8. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    Who says 'love' has anything to do with Madam Lil's?? :D

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

:smash: I swear, the next person who dismisses Blue Rose as a 'love RPG' is gonna die. There is so much more to it than the common preconceptions. *grump*

Seriously, though, I'm using BR because it's very flexible and fits Arcanum almost exactly.

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    Locket of Lewd Behavior

[​IMG]

Enchanting items with a permanent teleportation effect is likely one of the greatest feats a crafting wizard could ever hope to accomplish, and indeed, extremely scant reports of such miracles exist. One would expect something as powerful to be used only during the most dire circumstances, but temperance simply wasn't on the list of Edwin Noyes' virtues. A born Tarantian, his profession as a magick scholar meant that he would spend several months a year traveling the land in search for more magick knowledge, far away from the city he loved... and the establishments therein. Because of this, Noyes invested several years of his life, and a sizeable portion of his fortune, to craft a magick item that could teleport him to Madam Lil's at will. He succeeded, but got to use his masterpiece but once - it is said that the guardian ogre at the brothel didn't take kindly to people appearing out of thin air.

Effect: Can teleport at will a single character to Madam Lil's in Tarant, which is a full round action. The item can also be used to get back to the location the user teleported from, granted that he/she never stepped outside the premises during their stay. However, the character must make a DC 15 Intelligence check to get back to where they were. If the character fails their check, their location is determined as per the following table (roll a d20).

1. The character gets trapped in the Void.
    2-5. The character is teleported to a random city chosen by the DM, at least 100 miles away from the preferred location.
    6-9. The character is teleported to within twenty miles of the chosen location, and surface may not be safe.
    10-14. The character is teleported to within ten miles of the chosen location, standing on safe surface.
    15-19. The powerful magick stored in the locket backfire, resulting in 3d6 magick damage with no saves to resist. The character also takes a -4 penalty to all their skill levels for the remainder of the day.
    20. Nothing happens.

EDIT: The list feels pretty bland, here's an alternative:

1. The character permanently changes their sex, gaining the appropriate stat adjustments.
    2-5. Female characters become miraculously pregnant. The last female to have had sex with a male character turns pregnant even if infertile.
    6-9. The character develops a permanent foot fetish. Whenever attractive feet are encountered, they must roll a DC15 will save or be dazed for 2 rounds.
    10-14. The character's sexual orientation is reversed for d20 weeks.
    15-19. The character is struck with an uncontrollable urge to to walk stark naked for 1d6 hours.
    20. Nothing happens.

Blue Rose is D20, and I know my way around D20 pretty well, so if you need help, just notify me.

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

:D That's fucking awesome! :lol:

Incidentally, DE, Blue Rose is True20 (or at least the prototype for True20, the full True20 System had some tech stuff I'm gonna be looking through...), not d20. But luckily your lewd locket won't need any tinkering to work, except for the damage dealing bit. But it won't take much, maybe 20 seconds...

I am so tempted to actually put that in the book.

Currently Focusing On: 'Roles' (Backgrounds were making me cry.)

Requesting: Custom Backgrounds, with no more than -/+5 to any stat.

12. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    I take my hat of to you, Sir!
    That is simply beautiful.
    *wipes away a single tear of joy*
    Just beautiful.
    *makes a grab for it and runs off giggleing*

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Okay, I'm going to start a seperate thread for things I'd like other people to contribute and for things people come up with. This will stay as a progress thread and also for other people to request things they'd like.

Currently Working On:

*Roles
    *Time periods for play (currently: The Age of Legends, The Rise of Technology, Legend of the Living One)

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Completed:
    *Roles
    *Races

Very Very Close to Completed:
    *Backgrounds (Thanks DE!)

Working on:
    *Paths
    *Magic
    *Schematics

15. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

What about the war between Cumbria and Tarant? Does that take place at the same time as The Rise of Technology, perhaps?

16. Dark Elf

Media:
    Mind you, a lot of those backgrounds will have to be adjusted, and the only way to really know what adjustments they need is some serious playtesting. One thing that strikes out is the ability score bonuses. Some backgrounds in Arcanum give a whooping +6 bonus to a single stat, which I translated to +3 in Blue Rose. Granted, I have only a vague idea of how character creation and general game mechanics work in True20, but a +3 is like getting a +6 in D&D, which is pretty overkill...

All in all, I believe we should consider this a beta of sorts.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh trust me, I'm counting the current stuff as Version 0.01...

The war between Tarant and Cumbria will indeed be during the Rise of Technology.

Most of the backgrounds are perfect as submitted, I've mostly just done a little rewriting (removing references to the Zephyr mostly), and the Educator and Neitzche Poster Child backgrounds have been removed. (I may be taking a couple more out, but I'm still considering.)

Completed:
    *Roles
    *Backgrounds (For the time being anyway)
    *Statistics
    *Races
    *General Character Information

In Progress:
    *Skills
    *Feats
    *Magic
    *Schematics
    *MA/TA

In the Sketchy Detail Stage:
    *Time periods for play
    *Extra skills, feats, backgrounds and spells for the Age of Legends era (certainly Dwarves and the Vendigroth background I'm working on will be the only ones to use Technology in this era)
    *'Basic' technology for the Rise of Technology era
    *The Dual Times of the Living One (Keeping this one kinda secret, as I'm considering using it for the playtesting and it's gonna be seriously messed up, but I reckon you'll like it)

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Go Xiao! You're all over this project like a fat man on a buffet!

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*giggle*

I've got not much happening at the moment, so having a project to work on is wonderful. Stupid health. Stupid government. *mutter mutter snarl*

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Completed:
    *Skills
    *Feats (I even wrote a few new feats to cover magic and schematics. Whee!)

Our Host!