Arcanum's voice actors

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Sep 5, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The people who did the incredible voice acting that we all love so much.

Rino Romano (Virgil)
    [​IMG]

Tasia Valenza (Raven)
    [​IMG]

Nick Jameson (Gilbert Bates)
    [​IMG]

Diane Pershing (Silver Lady)
    [​IMG]

Jim Ward (Arronax, Gar, Joachim, Nasrudin)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Ward_(voice_actor) (url tags don't like brackets.)
    [​IMG]

Giselle Loren (M'in Gorad)
    [​IMG]

Michael Gough (Franklin Payne)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gough_(voice_actor)
    [​IMG]

Philece Sampler (Z'an Al'urin)
    [​IMG]

Barry Dennen (Loghaire)
    [​IMG]

Kay E. Kuter (K'an Hua, Narrator) R.I.P.
    [​IMG]

Dwight Schultz (Simeon Tor)
    [​IMG]

Jeff Coopwood (Kerghan)
    [​IMG]

Mark Klastorin (Torian Kel)
    Richard Tatum (Geoffrey Tarellond-Ashe)
    Julian West (Magnus)

I think, it's no wonder that some of the characters look similar to their voice actors. Anyway, feel free to voice your opinion on Arcanum's voice acting!

2. Langolier

Langolier Member

I loved all of the voice acting. Not to much to say, but it was interesting to see the real faces behind those voices.

3. elreicht

elreicht New Member

Am I seeing triple? Anyway, for me, the voice acting is one of the many highlights of Arcanum and one of the primary reasons why I keep going back to the game. The voice acting fits so well with the story's setting. :)

4. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Holy fuck - the guy who did Bates was Max from Sam & Max?

Insane :O

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Triple post fixed.

Arcanum has one of the greatest voice acting I've ever encountered in a game. Ironically, for all the love I have for Fallout, I never liked how Richard Dean Anderson portrayed Killian Darkwater. Heck, you can almost FEEL how he is longing for a coffee break in each fucking sentence. But, being MacGuyver, he is excused.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Richard Dean Anderson was in Fallout? FUCK! Now I need to track down Ruri and beg him to lend it to me again. Damn you, Stargate, it's your fault I even know who he is... Believe it or not, McGuyver has NEVER been aired here... I am so deprived...

Arcanum does have some of the greatest voice acting ever.

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

McGuyver was on Seven/Prime in the mid nineties, but it hasn't been aired since then.

But the DVDs are everywhere.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

9. Vorak

The networks are nation wide, with the exception of playing AFL instead of NRL over the weekends and having different local news anchors tv is pretty standard in this country.

At least it would have seemed so until you 2 headed Tasmanian mutates butted in.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Okay.

1: I'm not Tasmanian, I'm just cursed to live here until I have enough money to escape here.

2: Your channel 7 and channel 10 are our Southern Cross. We miss shitloads of good stuff. ARGH! It seems like they cut all the awesome stuff and leave us with football and mindlessly bad talk shows. :cry:

11. Vorak

Okay well I grew up in NSW but Canberra (where I am now) has pretty much the same TV stations as country NSW the 3 big commercial networks are called Prime (Seven), Win (Nine) and Southern Cross (Ten).

Basically they are 3 smaller regional broadcasters that got swallowed up by the Sydney stations decades ago but fo some reason kept their names whilst showing exactly the same content as their big brothers in the city (except the local news). Although it has been a few years since the term 'Southern Cross' was regularly used that one is pretty much always called Ten now.

So yeah to me Southern Cross is just one of the 3 commercial stations with the 2 free to airs being the ABC and SBS.

And how did you get tricked into moving to Tasmania anyway? Anywhere with the word mania in its name can't be good.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

K'an Hua has the most stunning voice acting in the game, in my opinion. You have to play the evil path if only for the sake of meeting him. And you have to play it twice, because he has a completely different (and very hilarious) dialog for dumb characters. Needless to say it's pretty depressing that Kay Kuter died two years after the release of the game. But at least his voice lives on.

Here are some samples of K'an Hua's voice acting:
    Normal
    For dummies

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I don't know, never liked all that hissing. They set their mind to making him sound evil, but they tried too damn hard.

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I thought it made him sound like he was missing a front tooth or two.

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I was six years old and the pollution in Melbourne was literally killing me. Tasmania has less people and by extension less pollution. Yeah. That worked.

16. hellriot

hellriot New Member

Omg I knew it! I was playing Resident Evil 4, and when Luis was talking to Leon, he sounded a bit like Virgil. And it turns out, both characters voices were done by Rino Romano.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This topic will be made into an article at the main site later.

If anybody wants to spice it up with descriptions of the voiced characters or something else, feel free to drop me a PM.

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Don't tempt me, Drog... Do you really want hysterical fangirl ranting in your PMs?

19. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Could someone procure a sample of Geoffrey's voice acting? I've found myself needing to show people how awesome it is on four different occasions in the past year, but I haven't found it anywhere.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our Host!