Need help getting past three guards/using dynamite ..

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by johnnybravo, Aug 26, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. johnnybravo

johnnybravo New Member

So.. I agreed to help the Sheriff protect the bank, but before that i pickpocketed the combination from the character at the Inn, stole the gold before robbery, talked to the guy at the Inn again, and even tough i didn't accept the offer, he autodisplays me with "I will send Doc Robert for you", thus now i can't leave the city due to lvl 30 and two lvl 8 guards standing at the gate.
    I'm looking for any to get rid of them, cheat my way throw them.. Whatever..
    I have spent ALOT of time pickpocketing and such at the town and wouldn't want that time to go to waste.. Suggestions ?

2. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Well if it's killing you want to do so early in the game...here are a few ideas and/or cheats:

- If you picked up the Dynamite and the Explosive Grenade and two concussion grenades from the Crash Site Cave and/or Bessie's Mine....you might be ble to do some damage and stun them enough to get the job done. (in Turn based mode mind you)

- If your pickpocketing is that good, you might be able to disarm the guards before the fight.

- If you have Mechincal Skill...and other tech disciplines, you could do a lot "build-n-sell" and start accumulating on Large Springs, Spikes, Clamps and make a network of traps surrounding the guards (provided they are stationary). I'm talking about at least a 12 trap radius.

That's about all I can think of without cheating.

Now if you want to cheat:

- Grab a Save Game editor and UBER up your character...and then dispatch them however you like:

1) Give yourself enough INT and Chemistry Skill to make Anesthitizer and put the guards to sleep.

2) Give yourself enough Fatigue Points and pick a powerful spell of your schoice: Quench Life, Disintegrate, etc.

After its all said and done, save the game then open up the editor again and set your character back their normal stats...for the sake of "honesty".

3. johnnybravo

johnnybravo New Member

Well, guess i'll try editing. But got curious, how to you use a dynamite in battle? I layed it on the ground in turn-based battle, but it didn't do anything...

4. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

You "use it" on the ground near the target. (I usually place it in the hotkey slots and then just click on it to activate it then put it where I want it to denotate and then hang back.

Also, if you have any throwing skill, corrosive acid might dail down the guards HP and items for you, but be careful.

Ifyoudon't want to cheat, you can also see if the shopkeepers sell any of the following items which could really help you:

- Anesthitizer
    - Strong POison
    - Paralyzer

It's a tricky scenario early on in the game but it is passable with some planning and a bit of luck!

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Use the dynamite before combat. It's much more effective.

6. johnnybravo

johnnybravo New Member

The dynamite just wont explode. They run over it, kill me and there goes another reload.
    The 1.8 editor gives me corrupt saves, when trying to unedit any of my characters stats. Any advice?

7. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Well I suppose you could always use pickpocket to over-encumber them with lots and lots of junk....

but that would take a lot of time

8. elreicht

elreicht New Member

What about putting the dynamite on the quick slot and click it to Doc Roberts and round like crazy until it explodes? :???:

9. Wolfsbane

Then you wait until it's exploded.

10. Chip-_-

Chip-_- New Member

Use this cheat to lvl up

http://drog.terra-arcanum.com/01324Virgil.dlg

Create a "dlg" folder inside your arcanum\data folder and put the file there. The cheat menu is accessible via Virgil's 'questions' branch.

-created by Drog Black Tooth

11. johnnybravo

johnnybravo New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Managed to get away with pursuing the Ogre and a little extra faith points.
    But with the dynamite, i just sneak close to someone, lay it on ground and wait for like .. 5 minutes in real time ?

12. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

13. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

It's been a while since I've planted dynamite, but I did either one of two things. I either pickpocketed the enemy, but instead of taking something from them, I put the dynamite in their inventory. The other thing I possibly did was to 'use' the dynamite, and rather than planting it on the ground, I clicked on the enemy.

You can usually hear the ticking if it works.

14. Wolfsbane

Don't go near the enemy you want to use the dynamite on. You can use it on them from a long distance; you have to stand outside their line of sight, but that's easy. Then you wait for a few seconds.

15. elreicht

elreicht New Member

That is exactly how I do it myself. :)

16. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

17. elreicht

elreicht New Member

I just click the dynamite on an enemy and it goes boom after a while. you don't even have to get close as long as you have them in your line of sight. But they usually go berserk once you do this. :lol:

18. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

19. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Well you could always plant the dynamite and then high tail it to the other end of town.... then come back...it's kinda amusing :p

20. elreicht

elreicht New Member

I tried this trick with the dwarf in shrouded hills who maintains the local steam engine. He went wild and attacked me. :???:

Our Host!