VERY ANNOYING BUG(i think)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 30, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IF YOU READ THIS IT MAY SPOIL YOUR GAME A BIT(it has something to do with amulet of N'Tala)

Hey guys!
    I've never encounterd a bug like this(i guess its a bug).I went to StillWater,got amulet of N'Tala,did quests and some other stuff.BUT!When i headed to Shrouded Hills,then absolutely EVERY...I MEAN EVERY SECTOR i encounterd a monster(kite scout,bears,ailing wolves etc.).It is very annoying.Since i'm level 22 it is espescially annoying,cuz they are too weak to me and they waste A LOT of my time.And instead of getting to Shrouded Hills in less than 30 secs,it took me about 4-5 mins.I don't have teleport spell or anything to travel quickly.And oh...it didn't happen only, when i went to Shrouded Hills,but even, when i went to Hardin's pass and to Quintarra.Doesn't matter where i go,every sector i see a monster.
    I've never seen anything like it...have you?And can i get rid of this problem somehow or do i have to make new game,cuz it takes jsut too much time.[/url]

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Are you playing A:WIP 4.something?

I did remove the limits for the random encounters.

If this is a stock game, then yes, you have an odd bug which might not show in a new game.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am playing "normal" Arcanum with 1.0.7.4 patch.
    Anyways thx...

(how can i make spoliers)

4. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

5. team a

team a New Member

When you say every sector, do you mean that literally? Like you'd be traveling for 1/10 second or so before you an an encounter, or only every 2-3 seconds or so?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

every 1-2 seconds...sometimes even less :(

7. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I don't know if that's so much a bug as it is just really....really....really bad luck. Maybe.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah :(

9. elreicht

elreicht New Member

How were you able to resolve it? Did you re-install the game? :???:

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard of such a problem. Perhaps, it's related to hardware. Anyway, there's a workaround if it's really annoying. Add '-norandom' to the game's shorcut, e.g. "C:\Sierra\Arcanum'Arcanum.exe -norandom". With this, you won't be getting any random encounters at all.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

getting NO encounters at all is not good too...but thx for help :D

Our Host!