Slogan of the day.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wastelandhero, Aug 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Heart_Flame

Heart_Flame New Member

2. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Actually, that was surprisingly correct. For this forum and the dozens of others I frequent.

4. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Okay, so my rant about where this thread went was pointless, I get that.

On the other hand, someone else here must have something remotely funny, sarcastic, or sataricle to share, that was actually seen by them and not stolen off the many websites that post this kind of stuff.

Lets here some original stuff people. BTW I am not trying to be bossy, just entertained.

Edit: I just had a thought and figured I would share it with you all. I suppose that no-one has posted their own personal sitings because a majority of the people on the INTERNET who get the role of the INTERNET never get out much because they spend most of their waking moments on the INTERNET reading/looking at stuff to berate others with because they lack the social skills to actual get out and interact with the general public, where they would actually get a chance to find humor in something they actually saw that wasn't posted on the INTERNET.

Now bring on the flames because I find humor in the reading them.

There, I said my peace. Do as you will. Just had to get that in. I look forward to the rest of this thread. Now I must get back to work so I can support my endeavors outside of the INTERNET. I am curious now as to how many people are sitting there wondering what the hell it is I do with the rest of my day. To those who are: You will never know.

5. Heart_Flame

Heart_Flame New Member

Were you trying to make some of us angry with that, wastelandhero? Because the people that spend all their time on the INTERNET will not find that offensive at all.

6. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

That's cute. He thinks we care.

Let me clue you in on something hero: Nobody here gives a shit what you do with your time. All we care about is how you present yourself, through the written word, to this forum. I personally couldn't care less whether you are a ten year old girl with a pink laptop, or a middle-aged man in a clown suit driving around in a panel van hijacking WiFi networks so you can post on internet forums. All I care about is what you type into that little black box before you click the 'Submit' button.

And another FYI: Your 'slogan of the day' idea sucked. That's why nobody bothered to follow your lead.

7. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Well you obviously cared enough to respond now didn't you.

Whether you care or not is not my concern. I merely made a statement.

I thought the slogan was funny given the current situation at which it was viewed. It wasn't some mis-spelled or mis-placed sign, but a situation that made the sign seem rather funny when it wasn't supposed to. If people don't get that then that's their problem. Hence the lack of social interaction that is needed to realise the humor.

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Oooh, snassy comment about lack of social interaction. Me feel hurt inside now... Or maybe not. Why don't try this instead? :

- It simply wasn't very funny. That's the kind of humor which makes you half-smile for half a second, before moving on to the next issue. Everybody got it, but it wasn't good enough for us, making us go OT. That happens ALL THE TIME here, so stop whining about it and move on.

9. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

This has just gotten out-of-hand by now, seriously. Stupid fucking argument.

10. Jungle Japes

You fail again, and this is one of those times when I can trust the brainpower of the people of this forum to save me from having to explain why. Don't bandy words with me hero, you're not that sharp.

And Spiffy, you don't have the clout to stop an argument, no matter how pointless.

11. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

He might have the clout to stop an oncoming train dead in it's tracks though. You should go find out if that's true Spiffy while I eat some popcorn and watch Japes school morons.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, you cared enough about Yllarius to ask what gender he/she was of.

13. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

That was interesting before it turned out to be a moron.

Wasn't he asking about Ylariwhatevers gender, though?

14. Jungle Japes

Hawt female forumers could potentially be sweet talked into showing some boob, so it's a legitimate question.

...A question which remains unanswered due to the mysterious disappearance of Yllarius.

I'll bet he/she dropped some sweet loot.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, this is looking really bad for my authentication; the fact that Yllarius still hasn't posted since his/her absence.

16. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Like anyone cares really.

One moron was replaced with another moron, and there is a chance that they are the same moron.

Bugger gives a crap and goes home.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I gotta admit, y'all have a bit of class (don't get me wrong though, you people could improve a lot).

Yesterday I was responding to a complete idiot on another forums, who was using generic insults which had no relevance to the argument at hand; they lacked the sense of being applied to the present situation, and weren't original at all.

18. Bunny

Bunny New Member

This kind of reminds me of the Elephant Man casting stones at the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Garfield, at least your spelling is good. And you don't use different colours. (I used to do that; I think it was DE who killed me once).

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There really is no excuse for poor spelling nowadays with Firefox spell check.

Grammar, however; well that is a different matter altogether.

20. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Who's whining, certainly not me. When people claim to have superior brain power in the same thread that states that popularity, looks, strength or smarts etc. are not recognized on the internet, it just screams for a bashing. There is no possible way to prove that anything slightly cleaver said on the internet was genuinely thought of by the poster or not. At least in the world beyond your keyboard and flatscreen you have to actually prove yourself without any kind of aide.

Our Host!