problem with critters...

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Shota Shernokavich, Aug 10, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

i recently bought a new computer, and this one bugs with 1070 so i have to use the newer version. i deleted some critters in tarant and added new ones, but when i test the game, the changes refuse to show up, all the critters that i deleted are still there, and the new ones dont show up.

heres the wierd part - all the environmental changes (houses, terrain, objects, etc..) DO show up.

anyone have a clue whats going on?

edit: this is with drog's latest patch installed, of course

edit2: also, is there any way i can add sprites that i created into the game? if so, how?

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

For the changes -

You are cleaning out the modules/Arcanum/maps folder after or before each test aren't you?
    This forces the game to take a fresh "inventory" of what's supposed to be there.

And - your post doesn't say if you're working from a patch file, but I ran into this exact problem with one when I started.

My solution to that was to rename the map I was working from - i.e.: Arcanum1-024-fixed became Arcanum1 - and change the name on the maplist.mes. Now the game displays only what I want it to and any altered NPCs show up.

One thing to keep in mind if you go for the name change, the bug-fixes in the Unofficial Patch for the main map won't work unless you extract the files for the main map from the patch and add them to the renamed map. Allow them to overwrite.

Also - If you're trying to test with a save made in the general area you're changing, the altered NPCs usually don't show. This is in addition to the game dragging as you enter the altered area.
    I've found that stating at the Crash Site and teleporting to where I'm working on usually works with the least amount of trouble.

Hope this helps.
    Someone else will have to help you with the sprites. Sorry.

3. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

:) worked :)

thanks!

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

5. team a

team a New Member

That's a good point - and one that I imagine most people wouldn't think of.

Our Host!