Question about portaits

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The_Deathsangel, Aug 5, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The_Deathsangel

The_Deathsangel New Member

Looking around the gallery of this site and on the internet I have noticed a slight difference in portaits for me and online.
    I can find mine as well by some people but also a few others have different portaits for:

Kraka-Tur
    Chukka
    Jayna Stilles
    The Bane of Kree

I also noticed in the PC portaits gallery an unknown
    Human male (26 (2nd row - 4th))
    Human female (09 (4th row - 3d))
    Half_ogre (18 (5th row- 3rd))
    Human female (14 (6th row, 3rd))
    Half-Orc female (13 (7th row, 4th))

Does anyone know how I can get these into my arcanum game, for I like almost each and every portrait of that one. The exception being the Bane of Kree (and perhaps Kraka-Tur) as mine is scared which I like way better.

2. zzeke

zzeke New Member

There must be a portrait pack in this sites download section. Download it and find out how it works. Once you replace the images and names for the files your portraits can be used in the game.

3. The_Deathsangel

I would have love to download it, but either I am overlooking the installation or it is not upon this site as a portait pack.
    Is it included in something else?

4. zzeke

zzeke New Member

5. The_Deathsangel

Okay you must get annoyed of me, sorry for that, but these aren't the correct portaits. As said in the first post it is about those few portaits I mentioned. This pack gives portaits of other games to be used in arcanum and that tends to be break the style of the portaits... some are nice and it is a nice addition, but this is not... well entirely what I wanted.

6. The_Deathsangel

Euhm.. I seem even to require help with installing of this. I can find in Arcanum\documents a reference to make a folder data\portaits which I did, but it is not working.
    I do have to say I renamed the portaits according to the naming file. So HUM01 and HUM01_b for a male human portait.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those portraits were used in the 3/13 build of the game (March 13th, 2001). There are 13 portraits that are different from the final ones. Here they are. Create "data\portrait" folder and unpack them there, they will appear in the game instead of the final ones.

8. The_Deathsangel

So these were the rejected portaits? Ah.. strange I like many of them better. Would you also be so kind as to tell me why the custom PC portaits zzeke came with, I can not seem to activate?

What I did was changing userport.mes to and renamed the files so. Do I need to omit the 0? - And can I add the PC portaits of the pack you gave me the same way so I need not delete the ones already in game? :

{1}{HUM08}
    {2}{HUM07}
    {3}{HUM06}
    {4}{HUM05}
    {5}{HUM04}
    {6}{HUM03}
    {7}{HUM02}
    {8}{HUM01}
    {9}{HUF01}
    {10}{HEM02}
    {11}{HEM01}
    {12}{HEF01}
    {13}{GNM01}
    {14}{DWM02}
    {15}{DWM01}

P.s. HEM1 is already in my game that is not the new one to me, but you even send more others that I did not know: Warromon, Tollo, Gorgoth - which I do find less, but thanks for including them.

Edit: Hahahahaha, I've got: I had data/portait instead data/portrait.
    Did rename them to not overwrite stuff, but it worked.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're different, nevertheless.
    [​IMG]

And Waromon was changed because of this.

10. The_Deathsangel

Ah thanks, I'll keep the current less zoomed in one. And I see, taste are different I guess. Current Bedokaan give me more of a scaly feeling than the other one.

And a side question... I am actually trying to make new backgrounds now. If I want to give back to the community whom need I talk to about uploading?

11. team a

team a New Member

Is the early version you've been combing through, as with the early Bedokaan art, the actual beta?

Our Host!