BMC Ore Golems

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by vesselle, May 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. vesselle

vesselle New Member

thank you for the advice.
    however, when i ask him to make me one, there's no tab on any of the options to make a balanced sword.
    is this a recipe we have to find somewhere or buy? if so, where can i find one?

thanks again. :)

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    First you have to click on the Smithy tab, which is the one with the anvil. Then you have to scroll between the smithy schematics, there's an arrow I think.

3. team a

team a New Member

make sure Magnus has one piece of steel, one piece of iron ore, and one fine hilt and guard for every sword you want to make. Talk to him and choose the "What sort of things can you make for me," etc. option.

Make sure you are under learned schematics. In the bottom left, click the button with the black cap. Click on smithy, and pure ore should come up - if not, keep clicking left until you get to it. Click the button to combine the two into pure ore, then click on the little right-hand arrow to get to balanced sword, and click combine again.

4. vesselle

vesselle New Member

thank you. i do know where the smithy tab is. however, there aren't any recipes for making a balanced sword within the tabs. and i have checked both found and learned recipes.

is it possible that it's a found recipe that i have missed? he can make healing salves, reanimators, automatons and the bronwyck gun.

thank you.

V***V

5. team a

team a New Member

you are looking at your own schematics, which you probably got by clocking the button in the bottom right of the screen and selecting found schematics. To access what magnus can make, talk to him and ask him to build something

6. vesselle

vesselle New Member

no. i'm definitely looking at magnus' tabs (both found & learned schematics) and the things he can make. balanced sword is not in any tabs anywhere. all he can make are spike traps, the automaton & bronwyck's gun. and that's all there is.

V***V

7. team a

team a New Member

it's not possible for any follower to be able to make automaton, bronwyck's gun, or any other found schematic. At least, it's currently not known if this can even be scripted for an individual mod, let alone for single player.

Has your player character put any points into technological disciplines?

8. vesselle

vesselle New Member

oh.

how silly of me.
    i will go try it right now. :)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well.That's how i get passed them:
    I go near the golem before others and then it will start chaching me...so,i run and while i do it my group members will chase the golem and then destroy it.(If any of your GM's use swords,axes etc. and u dun want to damage your good weapons,then pick some items u usually dun use(rusty sword,axe etc.).Then u won't dmg yer good weps and u get passed golems without destroying yer weps,but of course it takes time :D

10. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

For gods sake man, look at the date of the previous post in this thread! Please do not gravedig, and read up on the rules before posting.

11. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

For Ore Golems the solution is simple; for tech characters I always develop my bomb making and throwing skills, and for magically inclined characters I always put xp points into lightening blot and harm spells.

If you hit ore gloems with weapons you do damage to your weapons and armour, and if you hit them bare-handed you do damage to yourself. Very simple.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't gravedig.Read the rules.

13. team a

team a New Member

What is mind-blowing is that you posted immediately after a post about the fact that you shouldn't do this. It's one thing not to know, and another to do it right after a thread when someone else has been told.

14. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

Fuck you. I`m not the original guy who dug up this thread. The guy who posted before you already made the point, and ironically you`re keeping the thread alive by parrotting the last complaint.

15. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

To get past the Ore Golems in the BMM, do these two things:
    1) Put it on Real Time combat.
    2) Run like the fucking wind.

Works every time. Now don't gravedig.

16. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

If you look at the dates it's almost 2 months dead. Relax with the profanity Howard. Think before you post, this is a very respectable forum BTW.

Our Host!