Halflings near camp of thieves Blackroot.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Howard Stern, Jul 25, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

When you answer all the riddles you get this gem. If you use it it sommons this super tiny halfling. Does this thing actually help you or does it always attack you. The only time I summoned it it was in the area of effect of my paralyser grenades and its reaction went from neutral to hatred right away so I never got a chance to see if it would be beneficial in a fight. Since the bug had (previous post) I haven`t played the game again yet.

And as far as those little riddle-me-this motherfucker halflings go, how stupid is it that if you get an answer wrong and they attack you, you cannot fight back, your attack option is disabled.

2. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

He will summon a pretty decent monster to help in the fight, but if you accidently hit him or the monster he will turn on you.

As far as fighting them during The Game I have never tried it, maybe they did something to you, they are pretty powerful.

3. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Halfling in a bottle :p

Never found much use for him to be honest :p

Still fighting him or getting the last riddle wrong is pretty tough if you're alow-lev...and if you do kill him and try to use the gem later it casts quench life on you...at least that's what happened to me :p

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I've always been able to fight back, at least.

Anyway, if he's anything, it's a tank. The halfling has got big reserves of health and fatigue, so getting the enemy to fight him instead of you is a great idea. I've used him a lot, although mostly in the past. If you're ever in a fight that starts to get nasty, use the gem. That's what it's for.

5. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

Not the mini halfling you summon. I can`t fight back against the last halfling that gives you the riddle.

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

That's what I meant. I've always been able to fight any of the halflings. It must be some sort of bug or glitch in your case.

Our Host!