Ammo that don't increase your weight.

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Computech19, Jun 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Computech19

Computech19 New Member

I have Hex edited the four ammo tipes Bullets, Fuel, Electric Charges and Arrows so that they don't increase your weight in the game and is compatible with any mods so far as i know.

Download Link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xthymdb9dyi

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Someone other than me please playtest and then we'll upload this. I haven't got Arcanum to work with Wine yet.

3. team a

team a New Member

aren't bullets absorbed into your stack of bullets? I'm curious. Do they stay separate? if not, it could cause some confusion. Making slightly lighter bullets would be nice, but I don't know if it's possible without giving them more negative weight.

4. Computech19

Computech19 New Member

Each bullet add weight and it stacks them, for instance lets say a bullet weighs 1 stone a 100 bullets weighs 100 stone, I edited the bullets weight to zero so it won't add more negative weight or add to normal weight.

The bullet proto file i hex edited is for 1 bullet and in the game lets say you have 120 bullets so the proto file is created 120 times (not proto files) and then stacks them.

I can't remember the weights of 1 Bullet, 1 Fuel, Electric Charges and Arrows, in the game but i can make it lighter instead of zero too.

In the game i usually have 2000 bullets and lets say i bullet weighs 2 stone, thats 4000 stone of bullets thats why i made the values zero.

When i make bullets in the game it was usually 50 or so per click in the bullet making schematic but i changed that so it makes me some 10,000 bullets with one click and that would be like 20,000 stone of bullets so i'm glad that i changed the weights to zero.

5. Dark Elf

Media:
  6. Computech19

Computech19 New Member

Thanks for hosting the mod, makes me happy to be able to do something for everybody.

7. team a

team a New Member

Right, I didn't think the game kept track of one bullet at a time. I thought you were making a new kind of bullet, rather than just changing all bullets. I understand what you're saying now

8. Oracle

Oracle Member

although changing the weight of the bullet is a good idea, I do not like them to have no weight at all..

9. Dark Elf

Media:
    Who's forcing you to download the mod?

10. Computech19

Computech19 New Member

I can add another ammo mod for all four ammo tipes but with half the weight of the original ammo's then.

11. Darkform

Darkform New Member

or cap the amount of ammo you can have on you to maybe 2,000-5,000 even 1,000 is good followers that use guns I normally have on then up to 1,000 and I have strong followers hold 1,000-2,000. when using anti-weight stuff I go 5,000-10,000 on myself but keep followers at 1,000 each.

12. Dark Elf

Media:
    Why not expand on the Ultralite bread idea and make some sort of ammo case that reduces the weight of the ammo by a certain percentage?

13. Computech19

Computech19 New Member

I could try that idea one day when i know more about hex editing, scripting and such.

14. Oracle

Oracle Member

That's why I didn't, I'm just posting my opinion...

15. team a

team a New Member

If only there was more variation in item weight. Alignment is on a -1000 to 1000 scale, so why can't weight also be in increments 1/10 the visible value? Obviously, this wouldn't have much use besides for ammunition, but you'd think they would have considered it.

Not that I think a person should be able to just toss a few thousand bullets in their pocket and just shrug it off, but my tech characters usually aren't that strong. Generally, I have my strong followers carry my explosives manuals (if I don't put points there), and saltpeter and charcoal aren't that heavy.

Our Host!