Hello!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by America!, May 31, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. America!

America! New Member

Hello everybody. I'm a big fan of arcanum, that game is like a disease for me, so i just can't resist to join into this forum. :)
    I've got a strong point of view about Arcanum, and i just wanted to ask what topics u guys recommend me to read before participating in discussions. Thanks!

(Btw, i'm from Lithuania so i'm not good in English language, so don't judge me. :roll:)

2. Darkform

Darkform New Member

welcome read all stickys.

(BTW, I'm from USA so I'm not good in English language ether)

3. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

^ Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty positive that USA speaks English :lol:

Welcome America! It's always good to have another Arcanum fanatic here :D

I'm open to discussions any time you want.

4. Darkform

Darkform New Member

people in England say USA speaks broken English.

5. dinglouisa

dinglouisa New Member

To me all Westerner are the same to me :D

(I'm from the east)

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, dinglouisa and America!

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Interestingly enough, the English of Shakespeare would have been closer to present-day American English than modern British.

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Another proof of the favourising of circle-arguments in the east.

Welcome to the forums, both of you.

9. America!

America! New Member

Roger that, i will read that. :)

And also, i'd like to say that it is so cool that after many years there is still some people, who loves Arcanum. :p

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    Whenever something good is made, it will have a following. Look hard enough and I'm sure you'll find people who still play 1st edition D&D and stay away from the "impure" editions that came after it. It's the way these things work.

11. team a

team a New Member

That's right. Everyone here knows Arcanum 2: The Lost Dungeon of Souls was a colossal failure. I bet you'll have a hard time finding anyone who even has it installed. Instead, we just talk about what it should have been...

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

And we forgive them. Why? They're British. Anypoint. Well America! You're welcome to just dive into any conversation you find, provided that you can back yourself up with sound, logical arguments. If that fails, intelligently point out how qualified the offending individual is to be a participant in the Special Olympics, and sleep well at night. :)

13. team a

team a New Member

Britain? Where is that again... Africa, right?

14. Gizmocat

Gizmocat New Member

Historically, Britain has been in, or on, all of the major continents, with or without the concent of those there before...

15. Dark Elf

Media:
  16. team a

team a New Member

That took a decided turn for the worse about 1/4 of the way through. I have so many comments that I think my head is going to explode trying to write them down... DU, I think you are definitely the king of the internet for finding stuff like this.

17. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

My question is why? Why on earth're you looking up things like this? Has masturbation grown dull to you, or something? That's a terrifying site though. That's Judaism taken too far. Everything in moderation is tolerable, but excess of anything and that includes religion is atrocious.

18. Dark Elf

Media:
    Mind you, it's not Judaism itself he's espousing, it's Christian Zionism taken to the most extreme level.

The delirious ramblings of Jack Chick should be common knowledge.

19. team a

team a New Member

While I've never heard of the author before, I'd guess that he's an American Protestant, probably Calvinist. From the mention of Russia (as "Magog" from Revelation, no less), I'd guess it's from the 1980s, but it wouldn't surprise me if the author didn't notice that the Cold War was over.

Christian Zionism has been pretty popular in America, but I haven't seen it put that way before. Then again, not many people seem to get off to historical inaccuracy like this guy.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, Britain had an empire because Queen Victoria read her Bible in the 19th century. It's too bad Britain was victorious in WWI in 1918 because it was all downhill from there. England forgot about God's "little-known promise" to Israel. You'd think with all that money, one of them could have bought a Bible and read some of it, but clearly not. Too bad for them, all they have is islands and colonies like Canada, Australia, India, Pakistan, New Zealand, and a few other places that clearly have no valuable natural or human resources.

20. Dark Elf

Media:
    Fortunately, I've never seen a Swedish Chick tract. Noticed a few scrapping around in England though.

The most terrible aspect of the above tract is the message that anything goes as long as you read your Bible. I believe the Indians, Africans, Maoris etc kinda preferred to govern themselves rather than subjecting themselves to English rule. According to his reasoning, the colony now known as the USA would still be British had King George considered the KJV just a bit harder. Heck, Britain would had expanded to become the World Government he's so paranoid about!

Our Host!