Good arcanum mods??

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Harlequin5, Mar 22, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Harlequin5

Harlequin5 New Member

I've downloaded a few mods and played them...and each time i've been greatly disappointed. I will not reveal the names of mods I've played, so that their authors can save face, and also because I dont wish to irk anyone.
    My question: What is the name of a single, badass Arcanum mod and where can I find it.

Thanks in advance.

2. personaboy

personaboy New Member

Car arcanum all da way in the downloads section

3. team a

team a New Member

for stand-alone mods, I didn't dislike Vormantown as much as some other people, but it also seems to be the most complete (and was made by Troika). As for others, I haven't played all of them (spend most of my time modding myself), but I thought the troika mod Time was pretty good (then again, I remember that I havent finished it...)

The thing about mods is that they're going to tend to be hack and slash, because dialogs take so long to make. Even most of the troika mods are broken in some way, or require minimal dialog.

As for arcanum expansions, you might try A:WIP by rroyo, although as the name suggests, it's a work in progress. However, you can be part of what ends up in future versions, as rroyo listens to people's comments. I found car-arcanum to be too heavily modded and not in the spirit of the original game, or with too many spelling errors (although that might have been fixed) but there are definitely a lot of fans of it.

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I wasn't a fan of Car Arcanum, though what Chris Beddoes managed to do with the game is impressive. If you've beaten Arcanum, I would definately recommend A:WIP.

Our Host!