Tech questions.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by wastelandhero, Mar 13, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Is there another use for the electric light, mining hat maybe? It seems pointless to turn a lanturn into a light with no advantage gain.

Does the flow spectrometer need charges/batteries to work?

Are the batteries you can buy the same as the charges you can make?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I always though the electric light gave off a little bit more light than normal lanterns, but then again the effect is probably rather trivial.

Yup. Same thing with practically anything you can make yourself, healing salve, dwarven gauntlets etc.

3. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Thank-you for that.

Two more things- What is the battery consumption based on for the flow spectrometer, time or traps spotted? Also about the magnetic shapeau, what is its comsumption based on? And do they only use batteries when equipped? Side note: I find it funny that the flow spectrometer looks like a shield when equipped in combat.

How many batteries would be required for the Black Mountain Mines? I went through 25 batteries in P. Shylures.

4. Slaughter

Slaughter New Member

Code:
    Is there another use for the electric light, mining hat maybe? It seems pointless to turn a lanturn into a light with no advantage gain.
    I think having a Lantern is pretty useful if you play a gunslinger. It's very good to have a light when you are fighting in caves and in the night.

5. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

They use batteries while they're equipped, and I think that the consumption depends on the time the item is equpped. If you think of modern electrical devices it would be the only logical answer.

As for the shield-looking specktrometer, it's one of the game's details that the developers didn't take care of.

6. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

In my experience, the Flow Spectrometer uses charges based on the # of traps found. I had the thing on for it's use as a shield in the Black Mountain mines and I don't remember it using charges until I actually found a trap.

I think the Magnetic Inversion hat works the same way, it only consumes charges when you're hit, but again, I'm not sure.

7. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

The Flow Spectometer chewed up my entire supply of charges in under 30 minutes of play when i equipped it. Could it be my character wasn't TA'd enough to make it more energy efficient?

The Magnetic Inversion hat, however, worked the opposite for me. No matter who was wearing them, they never used up any charges, even when absorbing damage. I have the latest patch installed too.

Also, don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but turning a lantern into an electric light then into a mining hat does free up a hand to let you use two-handed weapons with a light source. Helps TH with riffles, shock rods, great swords, etc. That's the only benefit I can see.

8. Langolier

Langolier Member

The electric light should have been a flash light. That way it wouldn't illuminate you but would illuminate what you were shooting.

9. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Then you could attach it to your firearm for aiming, kind of like laser sighting.

Our Host!