I kinda miss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkFool, Mar 4, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

There is something that I need to know:

Could you please, change my avatar back to normal, because I have kept my promise.

P.S: Some bouncing boobies for Mr. Nobodie.

2. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

My god...
    I know I havn't made the very best posts all the time, and so on, but everytime I read Arthgon's posts, I just wanna shoot someone. Preferably Arthgon.

3. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

So now maybe you can imagine how it feels for the rest of us when we read your posts?

And yeah, I know this was the obvious reply, but someone had to say it. It's the truth after all.

4. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Well kinda. But I can only imagine what you feel when you read the posts of Arthgon...

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Now I'm done!

Reading Arthgon's posts feels like reading yours, wobbler.

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I've always found people who rated others based upon IQ tests amusing. I know that on a forum, it'sn't possible to meet a person and gauge their genuine intelligence, so you just kinda have to go by whatever standards you can manage to put together for yourself, but I think that IQ tests are some of the most useless things people've ever judged others by. IQ judges how much you're capable of learning. I'm sure that while you may have had a 142 back then, Gross, but it's probably gone down. As all of ours has. I'm sure that my IQ is probably very high. I could learn a lot. However, I'm very lazy. I'd rather sleep. My IQ realistically about 1/3rd of what it's rated at.

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That's true. An IQ test is generated according to what a person should know and is able to learn at the time the test is taken. If I was to take a newer IQ test, I'm obviously a few years out of date and I'd score a bit lower.
    For example, if you were to take a prominent mental power from the mid 1800's, they'd probably score very highly on an IQ test of that era. Give them one of today's tests, and they may be classified as below average.
    However, my brain's not done learning, yet. A person's brain normally develops well into their 30's, and after that it's a downhill struggle to maintain mental acumen.
    Most of my intelligence stems from my retention of things that interest me. If a whole book on a certain subject caught my attention, I'd read the whole thing and have it stored in my mind as a callback for interesting facts...but for the most part, I'm an encyclopedia of trivia and other things people don't normally think about.

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'm basically the same... and something tells me that forums like this one has an unproportionate amount of people like us.

9. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

By jove, I do believe he's got it!

10. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I'm most likely the opposite. I'm obviously drawn more towards topics that interest me, like most people, but when it comes to reading/studying for the purpose of retaining information, my mind is an absolute sieve. I'll remember the overal scheme of things, but specific details just fall straight out of my head. It doesn't matter if it's a topic I'm highly interested in, like a hockey atlas of stats, or a really boring physics text book. Yet I'll strangely remember what I ate for breakfast the first morning in our new house my family moved into 24 years ago. Funny shit.

11. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Sentimental memories are just as important as any memory you retain from a book or a sport. It was a big day! Of course you'll remember.

Personally, I remember the exact day and time I was diagnosed with diabetes. Mostly, I remember because there was a math test and a social studies test that day.
    March 6th of 1997 at 8:43 AM.

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

And then I'm the last type of brain-power: I know just about everything in my favored field, but I can't ever recall it without prompting. If you mention something to me, and remind me enough to get my gears going, I can sit and ramble off facts and semi-useful info, but can't ever remember it otherwise. I forget things a lot, and hate cold weather. I don't heal when the weather's cold. >.<

Our Host!