Discussion for The Lords of Arcanum

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Feb 20, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    No problem, the plot usually lives it's own life once everyone is playing.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The time frame mentioned is perfect for the plot.

There's rumor of one surviving dragon's egg, located somewhere in the Grey Mountains. How it got there is anyone's guess, but it's a highly sought after item. Despite its rarity, and obvious pricelessness, many wealthy nobles, scholars, and mages have set quite the bounty on its procurement. The bounty would cure quite a few monetary, "ailments," the shell and its contents are highly valuable as medicines and spell components, and the dragon itself could be hatched and raised. According to certain sources, it's pretty close to being hatched...

There'll be close competition, and everyone can choose to work together or solo.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yeah, double post:

Is it the egg thing? I just figured that if there was a chance to get a large sum of money, or a fresh supply of dragon's blood, everyone would be on board.
    Or is everyone just too busy?

4. Dark Elf

Media:
    No, I think the idea is quite awesome actually, the last dragon means a lot of opportunities!

Hmm, my character better won't know about that before it's almost too late though, lest he'll conquer the world before there's any organized resistance. :p

5. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Ok, here goes nothing. If I came up with more, I might add some, but at the moment, I can't bring myself to write anymore,

Name: Thonan Tigersoul
    Race: Half-elf

Trafire is an athletic built Half-elf, standing nearl 7 foot tall. He always is seen with two swords, that he inherited from his elven mother. He has an arrogant look of him, knowing the his battle experience and skill exceeds most of those he meets. Those that has heard of him know that there is little he wont do for money, and those that meet him can see this in him. He has cold eyes and is lacking a good amount of compassion.

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

There is something that you should edit in your post, wobbler. You can't really tell an ordinary elf from a dark elf in arcanum. They look just the same to the other races.

7. wobbler

They do? Oh crap, I really have to play more arcanum...

8. Wolfsbane

They have a philosophical differance, but that's all.

9. wobbler

Oh, rejoice, the joy, the joy.

Before I never finished arcanum, didn't even play it very much, even thou I like RPGs, I always found them taking up to much time. Now with an borrowed disc and arcanum on the comp, the joy has found. It is better playing it than what I remeber from those little parts I acutally played.

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    Damn, you've been here for 1,5 years and you haven't finished Arcanum! I almost envy you for experiencing it for the first time now.

11. Wolfsbane

It's not his first time, it's just his first serious time.

12. Dark Elf

Media:
    Which more or less implies that this is the first time he every plays beyond Tarant and gets a taste of what the storyline is really like.

13. Wolfsbane

14. wobbler

Yes well, I was young...

And I havn't started to play RPG serously untill very recently acutally.

15. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

to be honest i am having trouble writing a sexually sadistic maniac and feel like its been done too many times. im going to re write that last passage

16. Wolfsbane

Why? Read "American Psycho" if you need inspiration.

17. Slaughter

Slaughter New Member

Hello!
    Can I join?

Here's my character:

Name: Malendroor Steele
    Age: 42 (but with the shape of someone with 25 due to his heritage)
    Race: Demi-God (looks like a Human and has human atributtes)

Desription: Pretty ugly. Many scars in his face due to a experiment that made him stronger. Black hair. He's pretty friendly, although he's annoying due for his search for god-power. Will kill anyone that gets in the way of his search.
    Skills and/or abilities: Malendroor Steele is pretty skilled in Firearms, Dodge, Persuasion and in the Theurapeuthic, Eletric and Explosive technological disciplines.
    Inventory: A Tesla Rod, Wool Jacket, two healing salves, 100 charges and two charged rings in his hands.
    Background: Beat With a Ugly Stick (see bellow)
    Character history: Malendroor Steele is the son of Mooridal, the god of Shadows, with a mortal woman from Shrouded Hills who was renowed for her beauty, which stunned even the gods. Or at least that is what Malendroor claims sometimes, as his past is so misterious that nobody can disprove or prove him. Malendroor's tale claims that, unlike most godlings, he's powerless. He has no magic power from his heritage, and so he was shunned by those who (acording to Steele) are too cowardly to return to Arcanum in force and claim back the power they lost after the Panarii religion cames. Only his father, Mooridal, cared about him. Due to being powerless and rejected, Steele decided to research this "technology" some gods feared. In time, he became quite the technologist, skilled in Eletricity, Explosives and Therapetics. While it wans't the godly power he wished so much, it was in the road to being a god. He dabbled in concotions to make himself stronger, faster and smarter. He also made a few experiments on himself and was scarred for life by them, becoming a quite hideous visage. Malendroor believes himself to be worthy of godly power. No one knows if his origin is truly real, but few are brave enough to disagree with him and his tesla rod. Malendroor cares for the normal people, and is frequently at odds with autority figures. His friends are the renegades, the opressed and the wrongfully rejected. He may have found out a good chance for godly power somewhere in Tarant thanks to a shadow figure who may be Mooridal...

18. Dark Elf

Media:
  19. Wolfsbane

When I read "Demi-God", my first reaction was "oh look, hwlfp has found his way back!", but then I read the rest of the character and understood that was not the case. It's a nice char, join in.

20. Dark Elf

Media:
    Personally, I don't really understand how I could come up with a sex-crazed bisexual military commander longing for Wobbler but hey, that's what makes roleplaying cool.

Our Host!