The Lost Dungeon of Souls Scenario disk

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Darius, Feb 25, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darius

Darius New Member

Hello,
    In the past, I have seen a copy on ebay of what could be a bonus cd for Arcanum. It is titled "The Lost Dungeon of Souls Scenario". I'm not sure if it was a pre-order bonus for the game or what. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this cd or better yet owns it? Was this dungeon included in a patch for Arcanum? If it wasn't and anyone has an absolutely mint condition original copy of this bonus cd, I would be willing to purchase it for $50.00. I am a collector. Obliviously, I'm not going to blindly send out a money order to anyone who claims they have it for sale. Perhaps you could send me a private auction offer with a buy it now price of $50.00 on ebay and I will send you an instant payment through paypal? That way, I would be covered against any possible fraud. My ebay name is dariussd. Any help or information someone could give me would be really appreciated. I have been looking for this disk for a long time. Thanks alot!

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

There is no such disc.

I remember someone asking about it last year and that was the very first time anyone here had ever heard of it.

3. Darius

Darius New Member

Actually, there IS such a disk. As I said previously, I have seen it on ebay before. I have only seen two auctions for it in the last four years. Unfortunately, I was outbid on both auctions but I saved an image of it. You can check it out here . [​IMG] Is there anyone who has explored Arcanum thoroughly who can tell me if this dungeon is somewhere in the game? I was hoping it was included with a patch so I could quit searching for it.

4. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

The dungeon does not exist on the actual arcanum map, nor does the last patch released (1.074) include it. I am guessing that this disc was an expansion of sorts, being made by Troika, but unfortunately did not see release, as Troika has been out of business for around 3 years.
    Good luck getting the disc, seems like there are very few copies that exist.

5. Vorak

I'll look into this some more, but I find it odd that absolutely none of the documentation here mentions it and we have pretty much everything related to Arcanum stored away here.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I must admit that I've never even heard of this before. It's odd. An official add-on should have been common knowledge, not an obscure secret surfacing several years after Troika went defunct.

Well, if it is true and not some kind of Internet prank (my immediate reaction when I saw the disc was that it was photoshopped), let's hope that the .dat is floating around somewhere on the Internet. Maybe we can host this.

8. Darius

Darius New Member

This is definitely NOT an internet hoax. I can understand why some people would suspect that it is though. The name "Lost Dungeon" doesn't help much and there is the fact that I seem to be the only one here who has seen it. I've never used Photoshop before and if it was a fake, I'm sure that there would be visible flaws that someone would see. Heck, you can even see the reflection on the cd from the camera flash. I'm also not one to throw my ebay name out to the masses on forums. I'm certain it is a pre-order bonus cd with a small dungeon on it, not a large expansion that was released after Arcanum. If it was an expansion of some sort we would've seen some mention of it on the Arcanum website. I'm really surprised that no one has a copy of this or has even heard of it. I'm also surprised that Troika never made it a download on their Arcanum site after the game had been out for sometime or included it in one of their patches. Bioware and Black Isle included pre-order content with their later patches for Baldur's Gate 2 and Icewind Dale 2. Considering the rarity of this elusive disk, I'm doubling my offer to $100.00 if anyone can find a mint condition original of it. I will pay less but still a good deal of money for a non-perfect condition original that is readable. Shota Shernokavich: Thanks for the info about it not being in the game even after the last patch. I will continue to monitor this forum for any news or information anyone can unearth about this cd. If I can obtain a copy of this, I will return here and make it available to all, even if it takes a few years. I'm sure Troika won't mind since they are now defunct anyway. Thanks again to everyone!

9. Dark Elf

Media:
    If you do get hold of it, post some screenies the first thing you do!

10. Vorak

11. Oracle

Oracle Member

So anyone know this is a hoax or not?
    the picture seems legit.. maybe one of the (dead) troika team
    could help us furter?

12. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Okay... you've gotten my attention.

13. floyd

floyd New Member

Mine too. When you google it, though, the only mention of this disc is this thread. Weird. I so want to own this right now.

14. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I say it's one helluva hoax. I would love greatly to be proven wrong, but until then, I say it's a hoax.

15. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I got my copy of Arcanum only a couple years ago and the packaging is extremely different from pictures I've seen of the original copies. My brother got it for me for Christmas and said he ordered it from a website that was either Amazon.com or a similar one. The game came on two bright orange DVDs that looked comercially printed and the initial installation of the game is already patched to version 1074. So I'm guessing the game came from some third-party distribution company after Troika went defunct and not from Sierra. Stranger yet, this copy already has Vormantown and the other handful of mods hosted here installed once you load game. My question is: Did the original copies of Arcanum come with any mods, Vormantown or others? Or did they always have to be downloaded? The reason I'm questioning this is that in the thread Vorak linked to, the OP mentions that the DoLS was an early mod released when Arcanum first came out.

So I was wondering, since no one's ever heard or seen any official information on it, maybe it was an earlier version of one of the official mods already released by Troika. Maybe Vormantown 1.0 or even just a fancy-named demo for the real game containing one or two dungeons that already exist in the finished release?

Anyway, maybe one of the moderators can try tracking down this Don Santiago de Quixos and ask him what forum he claims to have gotten that information from.

16. Dark Elf

Media:
  17. Oracle

Oracle Member

hope you can unravel the mistary (non) existing disk.
    Good luck!

18. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Isn't that a LightScribe DVD ?

19. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

That's how my Arcanum is. Came with Vormantown, and was patched to 1074. I'd never even heard of 'pre-patch' issues before joining this forum. I think that the ones we've're the 'last-leg' of those released, the ones that got put out not long before Troika went belly-up.

20. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

My first impression was that it was a lightscribe disc, but the Adventurer in me decided to throw speculation to the winds and jump head first into what could be an interesting little treasure hunt.

Anyway: Since I got into the game so late, I never visted the original Sierra website. Though I do have an idea what it looked like thanks to the bare bones version hosted here. Was the address always wwwdotarcanum1dotcom, as stated on the disc? For shits and giggles I tried it, not really expecting anything, and got a 404-Not-Found death page.

Even if the disc is counterfit, I'm curious as to what, if anything, the crook playing us all for fools put on it just to jack one poor sucker off. Still that name does sound really familiar.

Our Host!