It feels good to be right

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorak, Feb 19, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

What are you talking about? CRTs are much more comfortable than LCDs.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I agree with Vyenna actually. CRT's might require helluvalot of space but I always fancied them easier on the eyes and having better definition than other screens. Screw the weight, if you're going to lug your computer around you need a laptop anyway.

Also, demand on CRT's is about the same as on floppy disks, might get them, can't imagine a 21'' being too expensive now.

And, of course:

3. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Boris the Blade, or, Boris the Bullet-Dodger. As bent as the Soviet Sickle, and as hard as the Hammer that crosses it.

Besides, if your CRT doesn't work, you can always use it to hit whoever is laughing at it.

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've yet to see a plasma or LCD that can blend layers of black as well as a CRT if you watch something that contains a lot of shadows or scenes at night CRTs have far better colour.

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Then you need an eye-doctor.

Then you need to see more LCDs.

6. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I still fail to see why we want to use our consoles as DVD players. Power to you if you're going to spend $500 for a console with the reasoning of "it plays better movies".

7. GrimmHatter

That's what they (Sony and Microsoft) want you to think. They want you to say "Oh god it plays HD DVD & BlueRay discs AND has a 300GB hd AND browses the web AND cranks out spreadsheets AND...oh did they forget to give the ability to play the actual games? ..................fuck."

All the consol wars have ever been is a Whose Dick is Bigger Than Whose? contest. I'm glad Nintendo has finally realized this and taken the higher road by giving us the option of a new, innovative piece of equipment that just plays games, and at a much more affordable price.

8. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

Sony should just cut their losses and go back to making games for the PS2... they did it right the first time.

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That, and the Wii is the only console out today that can help you lose weight.
    Not only did they forgo the whole pissing contest, they also allowed people with determination and an innate desire to play videogames to get in shape.

10. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I'm a big fan of the Wii. It's going to be the only entertainment system that I'm going to buy once I'm actually making money. >.0

11. GrimmHatter

I swore I'd never buy another console and just continue to game on my PC. But then my mother told me my dad was talking about the Wii he saw a a store one day. He's a huge baseball nut and thought it would be fun to play baseball on it. So we dropped $400 on one off of eBay 5 days before Christmas and gave it to him. He's also a big golf fanatic too so I got him Tiger Woods. He was immediately hooked on it for good after his first hole-in-one on Number 7 at Pebble Beach.

12. Grossenschwamm

I was hooked the first time I had a Wii boxing match. Sure, you don't have to move your whole body to get the motions on-screen...but it's fun as hell!

13. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

There's nothing worse than playing Wii Tennis against one of those douchebags who don't actually stand up when they play.

Cartoon of relevance:
    [​IMG]

14. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

It's like playing RockBand. Sure, you don't have to ham it up while you play, but throwing out the occasional kick can really spice things up.

15. GrimmHatter

My brother is the exact opposite. He has to add extremely flambouyant movements to all the Wii Sports games, like Shoryuken Dragon Punches when he bowls and spinning backhands for tennis. He's so good at purposefully acting like a douchebag. Unlike my dad, who thinks he's actually in the game when playing it. He'll wear himself out running from wall to wall in their living room trying flag down a returned serve in tennis. My mother says it's more entertaining to watch him act like an idiot than the game itself.

16. Grossenschwamm

In that case, I agree.

Our Host!