give me a challenge

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by silver, Jan 24, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. silver

silver New Member

im going to start a new character, and would like some advice...

what do you recon would be the hardest character to finish the game in?

- woman human.. highly beautiful, master persuasion, no combat skills... charisma (for followers).. wouldnt be too hard, just get followers to kill everyone...

- theif with no followers??

- half-orge, only level up on strength, dexterity, health and fatigue.. no followers.. a good aligned half-orge, no stealing.. (looting from bodies and chests are okay :D)

any suggestions? no tech-elf or dwarf-mage thats just gay ahha..

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

If you go with the woman with followers, you won't get any experience, so it might be hard to raise her to just the right specs. But, that'd be difficult, and it would add an interesting play mechanic.

A thief with no followers...that could be tough, but you'd also get all of the experience in the game, leveling you up a bit faster, possibly beyond your enemies. Though, sneaking up on everything might be pretty risky, so that's a tough one.

As for the half ogre, that one might work or it might not. Unless by strength and dex, you mean leveling up your corresponding combat abilities.

I think the thief would be your best bet for hardest game.

Another one you could try would be a gnome barbarian, but with the bare minimum strength and dexterity to raise the right combat feats. Other than that, raise throwing as high as you can, try to make him dumb as a brain-damaged rhino, and have him run around naked. Or with barbarian clothes.

3. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

omg, i actually imagined that. :lol:

anyway, the lone thief character is never boring. the strong half-ogre is (boring). :D

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    She'd do just fine as heavy artillery support you know... give her harm and cash in on the xp (and I suggest a multitude of other spells to support your party/raise your MA as well as haggling to buy everyone the best stuff). :)

5. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

I'm sure that when he wrote no combat skills he also thought no offensive spells.

6. Phadech

Phadech New Member

Try a Dwarven mage without followers, while I agree with your initial post that dwarven mages are gay, double fatigue cost is the most significiant racial penalty. Also, don't exploit your MA with the Dark Helm, let it build up naturally. (It will take too darn long to reach 100, if you ever reach 100 that is)

And the greatest handicap is that you think it's gay, so it'll be a super challenge, almost impossible. Give it a try!

7. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

As long as it's not your first time through the game, I'd ditch Virgil right away and go through the game as a thief character, but try and make it through with a positive alignment! Sort of a Robin Hood role play. I found that to be very amusing before I inevitably STOP PLAYING FOR A DIFFERENT CHARACTER TYPE BECAUSE I CAN NEVER BEAT THIS GAME BECAUSE I NEVER STAY WITH THE SAME CHARACTER LONG ENOUGH BEFORE I WANT TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE AND NOW I'M REPEATING MYSELF GAHHHHH

8. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

Hard to finish the game:
    idiot, ugly, no charisma, no combat skills.

I'd say zero followers, but you can always have one.

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

A purist Archer using only unenchanted or non-tech bows. When you run out of arrows only daggers are allowed and no followers can be used whatsoever.

10. HL1ownsHL2

HL1ownsHL2 New Member

11. silver

silver New Member

yeh i have a tendency to want to start over and create new characters.. lol.. cant help it :D the archer one seems like a gud idea.. the game is too easy if ur strong melee/persuasion & charisma... and have virgil and perriman to heal you and ur teammates... how are u suppost to win as "idiot, ugly, no charisma, no combat skills. ".. what do u do with all the XP.. thats impossible ahha

12. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Challenge?

A dumb dwarf mage with 100% MA who insist on using both magic and technology on hard mode :)

13. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I think I tried to Throwing with Daggers, like the dude at the bar. But that worked all of one combat since I couldn't recover all of them after combat.

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You forgot to mention that Stone Throw is the only allowed way of attacking.

15. HL1ownsHL2

HL1ownsHL2 New Member

A dumb elf technologist with 100% TA who insist on using both tech and magic on hard mode

16. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Nah, elves aren't as disadvantaged at tech as dwarves at magic.

17. HL1ownsHL2

HL1ownsHL2 New Member

a dumb and ugly anti-social half-ogre who relies on his conversational skills to get by.

18. silver

silver New Member

yeh i first played this game 4 years ago.. played it for afew months as various characters.. now i just got back into it the last month.. after i finished playing as a halfling haggle/persuasion master with heaps of followers (a tad boring), i did the whole 'new character, 15 minutes, new character, 10 minutes etc etc' ahha.. now im playing and sticking to being a evil half-elf mage with MAX 1 follower.. IMO i recon its much more fun playing an evil character.. steal and kill asmuch as u can, even do good missions (then kill them after to regain the negative alignment ahha).. but theres part of arcanum i havent touched... technology.. i know i should try it, but ive never been into the schematics thing... seems a waste of time to me.. we spend alot of time in dungeons etc getting experience points, thats when we come along rare items and sell them for nice $$ to buy u things that schematics take time and effort finding the right things.. thats my opinion, others may agree/disagree..

19. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

I always feel so bad about ditching virgil... hes just so nice.

20. silver

silver New Member

just remind yourself he is a computer character, then i think ud be alright ;-) virgil fkn irritates me haha

Our Host!