Arcanum:WIP 2.2 (Beta) Now Available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Oct 28, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Wow... You are cursed. Reformat, and try Windows 98SE, do not upgrade DirectX above the Arcanum CD (version I think), try not installing video card drivers from the manufacturers just use what comes with windows, that way you wont have options that Arcanum cannot support causing problems. Anyhow, that's my advice.

I am working on turning one of my computers into a Windows 98 SE, machine, especially for Arcanum and other games like Fallout 1 and 2.

Oh yeah, another thing, try to avoid updating Win98 SE if you don’t have to, and do not install an Antivirus program and keep the computer off the internet.

2. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

M...kay... so it decided to work again; but for how long... It's like someone is playing mind tricks with me xD

3. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

is it possible that you are suffering from Upset Failure? Dose your computer lock up or crash for no resin? have you handled any sensitive electrical components of your PC without antistatic protection? “Upset Failures cause electrical components to fail without causing any detectable physical damage to the electronics. Upset failures are fairly common and manifest themselves as one-time efforts-that time your PC just decides to reboot or lock up for no good reason.” -Michael, Meyers, and Scott, Jernigan. ALL IN ONE A+ Certification. McGraw-Hill/Osborne. 2003. Page 16

Anyhow, just a though. I am still learning.

I don’t really know why I posted all that.... its probably not the case. I probably just need another pot of coffee and to get back to work.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'm wondering if Spiffy had restarted the computer after installing Arcanum and installing the hack.
    Once in a great while, if I'm adding, deleting, or moving large volumes of data, the machine I'm using will begin acting odd. This includes not wanting to run a program.
    A simple restart, and I'm back in business. Maybe his problem was similar.

5. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Yeah, I restarted, and after I restarted it worked... for about 5 minutes, then it crashed when I tried to loot the corpse of the guy who has the camera.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'm not sure if this will work but after you talk to Virgil, save. Run around a bit, kill enough things to level up, then save again. Now try looting the bodies.

Towards the end of my using the old build computer, I had that happen to me and this is how I seemed to get around it. Good luck!

7. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Did you do a Cold Boot? Shut down your computer completely (do not hibernate or restart). let it sit turned off for at least 60 seconds and then turn it back on. That can solve some instability issues.

8. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

9. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

So I'm in Shouded Hills, now. GREAT job on the library, by the way. I'm extremely impressed :)
    BUT... it seems as though you have forgotten to add evil dialogue to some people (the Librarian, for example). I'm roleplaying an evil elf, and when I talked to her the only option of dialogue I could do was something good. I couldn't say something like "Mind your own buisness" or even "Goodbye". Please fix this :(

Also, I would appreciate if you add notes, like when I read the Nasrudin book in the library I would like if there was a new note in my journal saying something like, "It seems as though there was an evil wizard by the name of Arronax who fought a wizard named Nasrudin... Maybe I should do some further investigation about this."

EDIT: Hey... um... what is with there being ARCANE items in SHROUDED HILLS Library? A bit early to be putting Arcane items in a chest, don'tcha think?

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

1) Althea's dialog is still far from finished. Bear with me.

2) There's still some clean-up to do from where I was still learning but after you get away from Shrouded Hills, you'll get the journal entries you're looking for.

3) The room you got those from is intended for after you return from the Void.
    So - PUT THEM BACK! :lol:

11. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Maybe you should make that room un-bashable or something :lol:

12. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Found minor bug: when talking to Volinger for the first time in Dernholm, and you choose the dialogue option "I don't like your tone", the dialogue options after the responds to you have both a stupid one and a normal one, even though my character isn't stupid (8 int).

Edit: Another bug: I just talked to a Human Guard standing in front of the Dernholm blacksmith, and before I even asked about Garrick Stout, I had the dialogue option of "You do not seem to think highly of him..."

Edit: Why is the Durnholm boat gone? :???:

13. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'll check the bugs out, even though I didn't do anything with those dialogs.

The only pre-existing characters that got any kind of change (so far) in the way of dialog is Nasrudin and Weldo.

14. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

I got that one while playing the original patched game. So rroyo's mod isn't responsible for that one.

15. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

The Taraunt Pawnshop is unlocked at night.

P.S. I love your David Copperfield grave :lol:

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I just double-checked. It is supposed to be locked at night as I did click the "Locked Night" box.

And did you happen to notice the slight name-change on the tombstone?

17. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

It isn't :/

And no, I didn't notice :(

Oh, and I can't seem to find the Atlas anywhere in the Taraunt Library :???:

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

The atlas is behind the counter.

19. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

A few things:
    1. Why is there an un-occupied house near The Boil that has like 10 treasure chests filled with items?
    2. Across the street from that house there's another house where when you enter these guys attack you (Why?)
    3. It would be cool if you could do something with those abandoned houses near the Taraunt Wise Woman :)
    4. I read the atlas, but didn't get the locations :/

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

1) It's currently a free place to sleep and store stuff. Enjoy.

2) A small part of an unfinished side-quest. The dead guy inside lived at the furnished place across the street.

3) I've got nothing planned for that area - at this time.

4) What do you mean, you didn't get the locations?
    Shrouded Hills_______1410 x 1317
    Following the name is the World Map coordinates.

Or is the book just empty pages?

Edit: Just noticed your edit about the Dernholm boat. Are you talking about the dingy to Cattan?

Our Host!