Arcanum:WIP 2.2 (Beta) Now Available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Oct 28, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

How much diffrent is your mod from the Original Patched game?

Also, so you dont have to forum jump to answere my questions (seeing as how you are very responcefull :) ) : How dose ChrisB implement the "all monsterws have 104% to 500% hit points" ? I mean is it a script that runs in the background during the entire game? Or did he make diffrnet versions of each monster for each itpoint option?

How hard would somthing like that be to do? Like the merchants inventory script.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

What I'm building is basically the stock, patched game with a few bug-fixes and more places to explore.

To try to answer your questions about Car-Arcanum's added HP, there is a file called unique.txt where you can adjust several stats of critters (I think). Also, he did some resetting of a few of the .pro files, so it is possible that's another source. Finally, as you build a scene, you can manually reset the HP levels of critters and objects.

The Inventories: Although it is possible to attach a merchant's script and inventory to a .pro file, like Chris' Wandering Merchants, this is normally done as you build a scene.

I hope this was the information you were looking for.

3. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Do you have any store inventory modifications in your Mod?

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Yes I do. I added the inventory hack, then made some custom ones as they were needed. The Brandybuck smith, fletcher, and tailor being prime examples.

5. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

6. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

So I just got Arcanum in the mail (from eBay), I installed it on my laptop, downloaded Arcanum: WIP 2.2, but when I try to open the file to extract it, nothing happens. My cursor turns into the icon that it turns into when something is loading, but then turns back to normal and nothing happens. Any idea what's wrong?

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

????......Not really.

Best guess: Either you've gotten a bad download or your computer has picked up a bug that messes with self-extracting files.

Try a new download first and if that doesn't work, start running your antivirus and spyware killers.

Edit: Just covering the bases - You are double-clicking on the exe. Right?

8. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I already tried re-downloading it, and yes, I am double-clicking.

9. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Just scanned for viruses and none showed up.

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

As I recall, in your earlier attempts to get this hack working, you had no trouble getting the exe to extract the files. So - What is different in your computer between November and now?

New anti-virus, search-engine helper, file viewer?

11. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Whole new computer, actually. I still have my other one, but it's not really working right now, so in the mean time I'm using my laptop.

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Well hell - if you can fire up the old one, copy the dat4 and patch1 files onto a jump-drive or CD and then onto your laptop!
    Problem solved.

13. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

14. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

I started playing your mod the other day, and I like it. It has been so long since I have played Arcanum without CarArcanum that I did/do not remember what its like.

I have a couple of Questions for you:

1. In Tarant, after you cross the bridge, the building on the Upper (N) left there is a merchant, and it seems like he sells cursed stuff, and things I have never seen before. I don't think he was there in the original... Some of the items do not look like they are cursed. There is an Amulet that looks Cursed that says it will increase your follower limit by 1, and I don't recall seeing any negative side effects; are there any draw backs? I have been afraid to put it on because of some of the game bugs (one sword somewhere will permanently lower some stats (Dexterity?) and there is no way to reverse it.

2. Are there any Replication Schematics in your mod like there are in CarArcanum? I noticed a lot of the general store merchants have Rubies for sale.

3. Merchants, do they always have all possibly sellable inventory items displayed every day? Or is there some variance?

4. Looks like the prices have been massively reduced, is this the case? So far the only lesion I see for having Haggle is to be able to sell everything to any merchant (Haggle Expert).

15. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Daniel - Glad to hear it! Enjoy the new adventures. Now to answer your questions:

1) No, the pawnshop is my addition. The building was an unused Guard House. I cobbled together an inventory that does includes hexed things like a Dark Helm, but the only drawback on the Amulet of Leadership is increased follower reaction. It's not too bad though.

2) Only one, and I may remove it. Replicate Greater Fatigue. It's in the Wolfe Cave.

3) For now, yes. Everything, all the time, with a couple exceptions where their inventory quantity overloaded them. The Magic Smith is the most notable of these. This will be changed to a more random offering one of these days.

4) It's been a while since you played the stock game, hasn't it? Chris was able to lessen the merchants' reaction to you and thus came the higher prices. I haven't done so. Their reactions and price-setting is stock-game.

Spiffy - Which deity, demon, or witch did you piss off? At this point, I'm ready to believe someone's got a hoo-doo on your ass.

And.....I don't what to tell you to try next. Sorry.

16. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. It's like I'm wearing a hexed item!

17. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

OH MY GOD! IT'S A FUCKING MIRACLE! YES! I GOT IT TO WORK! I SEE THE TREASURE CHEST AT THE BEGINING AND EVERYTHING! I'VE WAITED SEVERAL LONG MONTHS FOR THIS TO WORK! WOOHOOOOOOOOO! :partyhat: :partyhat: :partyhat: :partyhat: :partyhat:

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

:eek: Holy shit!

Congratulations, Spiffy!
    Enjoy the adventures, you have definately earned it.

19. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

20. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

OH MY GOD, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So I made a new character and everything, but when I enter the world it says, "PLEASE WAIT", so I waited, and then an error came up...
    Keep in mind that like an hour ago when I first got it working it worked fine.

WHY GOD, WHY?!

Our Host!