Background max number??

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by DiabloLegend, Dec 7, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DiabloLegend

DiabloLegend New Member

could someone please help me?? i was wondering if there is a background max number?? it seems to work fine if i change the effect number, i'm up to effect {400} btw. please help. thanks.

edit:

actually it is on effect 399, when i try to use effect 400 it crashes. could 399 be the max effect??

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, DiabloLegend!

Now, I haven't tried to make any new backgrounds, but I did take a look at what was done for Car-Arcanum, and ChrisBeddoes stopped at 399 in the effect.mes.

Based solely on that, I'll hazard a guess and say there's the limit.

If anyone knows differently, please speak up!

3. DiabloLegend

DiabloLegend New Member

ok i think ur right. this is the first problem i've had. u have just reassured me. thanks for the quick reply.

4. MackaN

MackaN New Member

Do somone know where are thise limits saved in game? If it is possible to make Exp Level up maybe it will be possible to change this stiupid limit for Backgrounds and other things!

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Resetting the EXP level required a change in the Arcanum.exe. Resetting the effects limits would probably need similar action.

6. MackaN

MackaN New Member

Code to Arcanum is still not for public view? So it means that again we need hack the Arcanum.exe to destroy this limits? Shit! Anyway I found some toturials on java.sun how to read binary files by using some java classes :) So it will be possible for me make some editor to pro files in Arcanum.

7. cfg

cfg New Member

399 in the effect.mes

i do believe that this is the limit yes.

Our Host!