Not a gravedig

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlexZello, Dec 19, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. AlexZello

AlexZello New Member

What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict? One can argue, of course, that Shoher is ultra-right, but his followers are far from being a marginal group. Also, he rejects Jewish moralistic reasoning - that's alone is highly unusual for the Israeli right. And he is very influential here in Israel. So what do you think?

2. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Holy shit... talk about about digging :p

3. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

OK, listening to a Glenn Beck radio interview with the guy just makes you a "sick freak", no big deal there. Gravedigging in the ancient political burial grounds I believe is a cause for flogging or at least caning. May the admin have mercy on your soul.

4. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Can we ban this guy?
    (talking about this "Zello" dude.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Since it's the first offense, let's just slap him around for a while and take turns fornicating with his mother.

6. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

And if she is dead.....you guys go first.

7. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Is this for real? I mean, this isn't even gravedigging. This is archeological excavation.

This has to be a record.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Blimey. That's big.

Yeah... Welcome on the board, AlexZello. You do realise you propably commited the greatest gravedig here? Since you're new you may not know that gravedigging isn't a really good thing to do around here. Just keep in mind that starting a new thread is sometimes better than, for example, ressurecting one being dead for over six years.

9. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Hey that's 6 years of us torturing him so it was worth it for me. And he will come out of it a better person.

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I was kind of curious how the hell you guys started a new topic and made almost 100 posts without me even noticing.

11. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

This thread is even older than me, theres probably only about 2 people who are still here from back then.

12. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

When I was a noob here, I dug up a thread that was weeks dead. But at least the people who started and posted in the thread were still active members of the forum.

Some of the people who posted in this thread are probably dead by now.

13. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Now that brings the meaning of gravedigging to a whole new level.

14. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

You guys are getting old !

Yup, nice one. Still the feedback it got seems to be on the gentle side, compared to what I used do see here just a few months back. I remember people were afraid to post in week-old threads in fear of getting flamed...

Really, you people are starting to get soft, lurking here I often see triple posts (Double posting appears to have became the normal thing to do here...) and 1-month+ gravedigs that go without flaming or even a word of warning.

Well maybe not that often, but there isn't much going on here so it's not like they could've slipped by, burried by the avalanche of the daily postings...

That said, I guess kicking out a new guy wouldn't prove anything... That's why they got flamed so much back then.

To the point then - Has the average IQ on the net dropped so much recently that not only are people unable to read the forum rules, the forum FAQ and other posts, now they don't even realise that a fucking 6 year old discussion about then-current politilal issues is not the place to start discussing what is known as history today. Honestly, what will alex do next, update us on troika going under?

Things like double-posting or gravedigs on your actual in-game problems might not be obviously bad, but ressurecting an ancient political debate is just stupid. I mean, it's like walking up to someone you barely know and asking him about the discussion he had with his freinds some years back that you happened to overhear. Heck, if at least it was some point you wanted to add to the discussin, and a good one at that, it wouldnt've been as dumb. But a fucking question directed to pepole that have already left the forum transcends all such forum stupidity. You've pretty much became the image of what's became of a thing called netiquette nowdays.

15. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, considering how his question regarded a current Israeli politician, it could have simply warranted it's own thread. Would have been a fuck of a lot easier. The fact that he hasn't responded at all, and the very vague nature of his inquiry leaves me with some feeling of... automation.

Could just be a bot that searched for the keyword Israel and posted a feeler question for this politician since the word Israel came up a lot in this old thread. Kind of like a very shittily executed online ad campaign, trying to create a conversation about a politician as a way of getting people to know his name. Didn't really work.

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Blinky, you seem to be right. When you type the whole content of AlexZello's post in Google, you get a load of sites of forums where exactly, word by word, was that message submited, always by a user called AlexZello having only that one post. And all were posted in the last few days.
    It spoils the whole fun when you think that the greatest gravedig was commited by a bot.

17. mathboy

mathboy New Member

What is this gravedigging thing you're talking about?

18. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

19. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Reality is an illusion caused by mathboy.

Our Host!