Automation gunner

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Tekkus McDwarf, Nov 16, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

A glitch is one possibility. There is another, even though it is a bit remote.

When you make your tests, do you empty the Sierra/Arcanum/modules/Arcanum/maps folder before you start the game?

It's a good habit to get into when you're modding or modifying as it forces the game engine to do a fresh "inventory" of what should and should not happen.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

A fellow who's pretty darned good with scripting and goes by the handle of Arkas just e-mailed me some info:

3. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

I don't believe one schematic should be so universal. Further, I'm not adapting anything beyond 2h guns and grenades, simply for the fact that it wasn't meant to wield melee weapons or what have you. Seperate schematics should be made for seperate types of Automated Gunner, as well as their names, i.e. Automated Grenadier ( grenade tosser ). Automation Scorcher ( flame thrower ), Automation Rotocannon ( souped up levered machine gun with like 200 speed and the power of a normal hand gun ) and so forth. This allows MOD authors to have more diverse options to include different automation types based on the vast combination possibilities between the doctorates allowed by gunsmithy. I'm not saying what he says can't be done, in fact, it can. What I'm saying is keep some restrictions, don't go for uber simply because you can.

w00t! 100th post!

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Agreed and congrats!

Edit: Just learned that simply adding the new lines to the enter_combat script doesn't work if you take the gun away from it with no reset.
    I'll run it around the wilderness for a while and see what happens when it looses the gun.

5. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

Our Host!