Li'tani for the gods quest

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by lowndes888, Dec 4, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. lowndes888

lowndes888 New Member

Hello first post here

I'm playing a 36th lvl tech gunfighter with about 80+ tech alignment
    The Ashbury elven trader doesn't wanna talk to me and I can't find the li'tani anywhere

Please some assistance:)

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Too lazy to fire up the other computer and confirm, but I believe the elven trader's got his inventory in some basket or something at the docks. If you don't know how to pick locks, burning a fate point might be worth it.

3. lowndes888

lowndes888 New Member

I killed him and destroyed the chest, looked in the pile but no li'tani

I tried to sleep one day and then kill him and do the same but no li'tani again:(
    Anything else? Like= spawn item?:D

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I just checked. The Elven trader is the only one where Li'tani is a respawnable item, and that's set at 80% in the stock game.

I have a vague memory of finding it in someone's inventory as a placed item, but then again, I haven't played a stock game in over two years.

BTW: Welcome to the forum, lowndes888!

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

First of all, welcome in the House of Lords. :wavey:
    Did you rest one day or sleep one day? I believe the diffrence is important, cos as I've observed in my games, when you rest (wait) one day it doesn't change the the shopkeepers inventory, while sleeping one day at the inn (or anywhere) does. Although I'm not sure if this will work on a shopkeeper without him revealing his daily inventory (which due to your TA won't happen). You can always try going uot and reentering Ashbury etc. It this won't work you're pretty screwed with the gods, cause this shopkeeper is the only source of li'tani in Arcanum. At least the normal way, I don't have any experiance with item generators or save editors so I won't help you in that field.

EDIT:

Perhaps you mean the statue in Blackroot which one can steal from a halfing (gnome?) wizard as a quest for the Thieves, because it uses the same picture as the li'tani. However, it doesn't work like it. I don't remember finding it anywhere else, and when I once searched for this info in the forums it seemed that nobody had.

6. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

Looks like you killed the wrong guy. I was looking at the elven traders in Qintarra but didn't see it.

Personally, I think they shouldn't have had this elven trader with litani and gloves of dx there. He should have been in Qintarra and/or Roseborough/Caladon.

I remember a little excitement about finding a dwarven smithy in the wheel clan and Caladon. But the two are not identical: the latter doesn't sell mithril ore.

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

That's probably what I'm remembering.

8. lowndes888

lowndes888 New Member

Well thx for the replies guys but in the meantime I found out what to do

I edited the savegame with an editor to have 0 magick/tech alignment and he talked to me, so I slept for 1/2 days and then he had it. So I bought it and saved again, then edited the save game for tech alignment 82:)

BTW gr8 site

lowndes888

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I'm quite suprised by the fact it did work, bacause I read on the forum that there is a certain bug, that when somebody will reach 75 or more TA/MA, the magic/tech shopkeepers won't want to talk to him even if it drops under 75. But I never tried it myself. Anyway, happy it worked for you.

10. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

So it doesn't appear in the inventory of that elven smith in Quintara? I think his name is Ellumyn or something like that.

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

His inventory is quite similiar to the one from Ashbury, however it doesn't have a li'tani in it. Although it would be more logical to find a ritual statue for the elven god in the home of the elves instead of a human city.

Our Host!