Ideas for Arcanum2

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by GordonFreeman, Nov 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Well noted. Very well noted. Anything pre-1980's with Eli Wallach, Lee Van Cleef, Charles Bronson, Yul Brennar, or Clint Eastwood is a perfect example.

2. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman New Member

Im happy to report that our search for Russian translators is over, with the addition of 2 new members to our group (making the total 18 )

the russian version of the mod will be released simultaneously with the english one...

Also, were releasing a little mod that will feature the new and improved shrouded hills (prosperity ending applies) and an incomplete tarant. (you wont be able to visit cattan yet, were saving that for later)

ps: expect the test mod to be released late december, (unless things change)

3. figorian

figorian New Member

Wow, I really hope that this project will be finished and will see the light of day :thumbup:

Some short ideas on sidequests:

1) A really bad ass sm gnome alchemist and a sadistic dark elf necromancer fell in love and are terrorizing a small village. They created a mystical substance and poisoned the village's water supply. Nobody knows who in town is infected, but infected people return to life as undead as soon as they are dead. So the substance doesn't harm the villagers as it only shows the effect as soon as they are dead. You can either help the village and support the local mage by getting the substance from the evil couple (either diplomatic by a lie or something or by fighting) and collecting some ingredients needed for an antidote or you can help the gnome and the dark elf by killing the village's mage.

2) The daughter of someone has been kidnapped by some thieves. The parents want you to free her and promise you an reward. As you find those thieves they offer you to press some ransom from the parents instead, also for an reward. The first time you speak to the daughter, she tells you that she fell in love with one of the thieves and you can choose as an third option to help the young couple to flee and start a new life (the daughter hates her parents for being treated as a bird in a gilded cage and the thief hates his current life and wants to have a restart with his new love and earn money in a honest manner).

4. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman New Member

Hmm the second is actually really good...and would fit in perfectly with an at-the-moment side quest-less Ashbury. Thanks...

The first one well probably use in one of the new towns weve made ( these will be plentiful, but will not crowd the map)

thanks for the excellent suggestions keep em coming
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman New Member

Ok, Some more info coming your way....

Blackroot is developing a top secret device that they say will be able to be dropped from a plane and greatly weaken all the magick in the air in dernholm (sort of like an EMP but for magick) this project is being funded and supported by the Tarantian colony located near shrouded hills (not named yet)

A powerful portal appears in the center of Kree and mysterious creatures emerge and quickly build cities all over the Morbihan plains and attack lone shacks and small villages, and the people all over arcanum are discussing how to defend themselves from this new threat. Tarant is said to have a hidden underground lab developing a device to destroy the portal once and for all (this is pretty much the main story in the game)

fighting between the normal elves and the dark elves has been raging on for over 15 years and its not nearly over. the dark elves are said to have a secret alliance with the bedokan

We've decided that were gonna make 2 maps of the game...one where Stillwater is a small peaceful neutral town, and one where it is an old ruin. (Good hero/Bad hero)

We've ALSO decided that along with the English and Russian versions of the game, were gonna release a French one.

6. mathboy

mathboy New Member

What about the screenhots that were going to be published yesterday?

7. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman New Member

oh crap, sorry! i completely forgot about those..hold on a sec

8. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Please tell me that there's gonna be voice acting!!!

Also, I think that the main storyline could be a bit better... it's cliche :/

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Figorian, I'm stealing your idea for use on Cattan.

10. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman New Member

the main story is constantly changing, and im not really in charge of it, though you can still give comments and ill give them to the main writer, and also, you would be surprised to see where that portal leads :p

guys, im reeallly sorry about the screenshots, they dont want me to release them on a different site, so im gonna have to make a makeshift geocities site to host the images

11. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Hmm... to me it sounds like when you and the Black Mountain Clan went through the portal you forgot to close it, so all the void creatures poured through.
    If that's the storyline, then bravo. I was wrong, that is a pretty awesome stroyline.

If it isn't, then I wish it was, hehe

Also, is there going to be voice acting?

12. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman New Member

Spiffy, mind if i give that idea to the writers?

edit: people please remember were still at the very beginning stages of this thing, were still at the planning and story writing stage, although weve finished a couple of areas (shrouded hills, the boil, cattan) and only 15% of the script is done so in other words...dont expect it any time this year we still have a lot ahead of us

13. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I'd be honored :D

P.S. You still haven't answered my voice acting question, haha

Edit: Although if you use that as the storyline then you should probably move the portals location to Roseburough, not Kree.

14. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman New Member

Thanks, and yea we will probly have to move to location of the portal

also, on voice acting, it all depends on if we find the right people for the voices were trying to make, for example we want Geoffrey's nephew to sound sharp, snobby, and impatient, and we need Elder Virgil to sound reserved, calm, and wise...so it all depends on if we find the right people

but to answer your question outright yes, there will be voice acting for everyone who can join you as a follower (well, thats what were aiming for) we already have a voice for a bedokaan follower, (raspy) also, the person who posted on this account before (the whole team uses this account) made a mistake, the bedokaan are allies with the the normal elves, not the darkelves (there will be bedokaan walking in qintara, like it shows in the ending of arcanum1)

sorry for my sloppy writing im not english

15. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I have a friend who voice acts who would probably do the job if I asked him. Want me to?

16. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman New Member

17. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I'm not sure. I'll ask him, k? :)

18. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

19. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I sometimes get the feeling this is all a hoax.

Consider this:

That's a fucking long "sec". We've been waiting for two goddamn weeks for any screenshots now and yet nothing has happened. If he actually had any screenshots to show he would have logged on to Geocities or Photobucket or whatever and been done with it.

And they don't have a website either! He claims to have an entire team of dedicated modders working on an Arcanum mod of epic proportions, yet they don't even have a webspace to handle publicity, internal discussion etc etc.

I'm sorry, but I'll remain sceptical until I get to see anything concrete.

20. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

BAH!

I was really looking forward to it :'(

Our Host!