A:WIP Players Feedback NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Oct 8, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I've tracked the problem to a glitch that was introduced (somehow) into the Malochean Hand dialog scr.

Again: Has anyone encountered Hand agents that will not fall down, have the wall section appear during an encounter, or he simply will not die?

Any of you computer whizzes know of a way to test if a computer is doing random rewrites? I'm starting to wonder about my old computer.

2. Quaid

Quaid Member

Have you made any progress with the issues you've encountered rroyo?

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I think so. I'll know for sure by this time Wednesday.

Working on the notion that the old build computer is malfunctioning on me, I've moved the entire build over to the browser computer and am currently running back and forth to trigger as many encounters as possible. Then I save, exit, and take a good look at everything I found to have been changed before. *

As you might imagine, this takes forever.

* Case in point - For those who had made it to the gun shop in Adia, but found the useless schematic for the Vendigrothian Large-Bore Rifle - That entire listing was missing!

And - regrettably - all the modified protos had to be removed. They do not work inside the DATs.
    Another one of my screw-ups - I had added the anti-gravity bread proto to the data/proto file before I had began this project, then forgot about it. When I later added the proto inside the Dat, and made the anti-gravity apples I didn't give it any further thought.

So.... That means the biggest problem with this mod is me!

4. Quaid

Quaid Member

Somehow I find that a little hard to believe! :lol:

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I think I've got the problems corrected and an updated version of A:WIP is now available.

I had to remove the Krupps protos, the level 127 hack, make a couple of adjustments to the the Orc Bandit and Molochean Hand hacks, and replace seveal missing or garbled lines of text, but she's up and running again.

And Frigo: I packed the DATs.

To everyone who helped me out on this debug, thank you most kindly.

6. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

I posted this in the hints and tips thread, but I will put it here also.
    I was under the impression this had all the Arcane equipment available at once from the wise women. Is this not true because the wise women's inventory seems to be the same as before your mod.

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Ok, I assume you're playing my mod.
    Visit the gypsy woman, then go sleep until morning.
    The new inventory will be available then.

8. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

... that is... assuming when you visited the gypsy woman the night before you DID take a look at her trade goods and not just walk up to her and do nothing.

9. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

That is exactly what I did. I figured it out after awhile though. Thanks for the replies.

BTW: I had posted in Hints and Tips first and forgot about this forum. Sorry about that. It won't happen again. :D

I know in other sites frown on this.

Our Host!