Frenchies make a new mod: Le livre des Ombres

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Oct 18, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

<a href="http://arcanumlab.free.fr">Those French bastards have done it again</a>! Another module. This time something about shady books. According to babelfish:
    <blockquote>New module "the book of the shades" is from now on downloadable. It contains a score of searches and new original musics composed by my pal Mad. Malheureusement, I did not have time to record the voices, as for the preceding module. I hope that it you will even like all dem. I await your comments on this module, which will be very probablemùent my last.

a small desert island. A city protected by an enclosure and prohibited access. A can city outside. A secrecy connecting two families. A mysterious book that many people seek. Here what awaits you if you dare to download this module.</blockquote>
    I've been told it has about 20 quests and original music but no voices this time (considering the likelihood of them being in French, that may not be such a bad thing, unless you were trying to use it to learn French or something).

You can download the mod and view a few screenshots ("ecran") on <a href="http://arcanumlab.free.fr./livre.html">right here from Arcanum French Lab</a>.

And no, their website doesn't appear to work properly in Firefox. The background colour doesn't show up or something. Just thought I'd share that with you.

Thanks <strong>lord of halifax</strong>!

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Looks good.
    .....Also looks like it's time for me to learn French.

3. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Is it possible that someone could translate it for us non french speaking people? :(

4. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Well, it won't be a frenchman that does...
    Those bastards dosn't know that english is the common tounge and not french.

5. lord of halifax

lord of halifax New Member

I don't know what's going on with the my site and firefox. But it I'm too busy now to do something about it.
    This was my last module. Thank Darkunderlord for amtut. :) Without your help, it would have been very harder to create modules.

Those bastards just speak french, and don't care about english, chinese, spanish, or any other language. Now, if you want any french guy to translate one of my 8 mods, you'll have to ask with different words...

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

You know, I really wished for you to pop right up in Wobblers face and say that. I'm satisfied.

7. Quaid

Quaid Member

I would very much like to try this mod. Lord of Halifax, could you please find a way to translate the french into english? I'm afraid it wouldn't be a very fun roleplaying experience for me if I didn't understand the dialogue and couldn't understand the text in books.

8. lord of halifax

Well. I think it's moderators' task to clean those kind of messages.

The module is heavy of dialogues. I've not much time to translate it. But... I will think about it and answer you soon.

9. mathboy

mathboy New Member

We don't clean a lot on these boards, sorry. It would simply be too big a job to delete every post Wobbler makes, and most of some other members'.

But we hope that everybody sees that Wobbler is too stupid to actually understand what he's writing, kind of like the monkeys copying Shakespeare, and not be offended by it.

10. lord of halifax

11. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

never said I wanted it translated.

12. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You also never said you didn't want it translated, in conjunction with calling the French modders ignorant.

13. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

For Pete's sake, Wobbler - ask!
    (Politely would be a good idea.)

14. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Wouldn't be too hard for someone with the time and inclination to open up all the dialogue files, run them through babelfish to get the basic idea and then re-write them into proper English.

15. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Apart from the stupid-dialogue of course. But the non-stupid-dialogue options would probably make up for that and let the author translate from English to stupid-English, instead of from stupid-French to stupid-English.

Fuck it, why can't we just have ONE fucking language in this world, what do we need all of them for anyway?

16. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Because of christianity, our forefathers got so weak they were pwned at Stamford Bridge, and it's essentially gone downhill ever since.

17. lord of halifax

That's my problem. I don't know how to translate into stupid english.

18. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The stupid english is bad enough...I can only imagine how "easy" it would be for me to read stupid french.

19. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Well, basically, you start just like you would translating it to normal English, but first you drink about 4 beers, do a round of shots, play a game of American football, listen to rap music for an hour, do all the drinks again, smash your head on the table a few times, and then finally sit down and talk with Wobbler for about 5 minutes until you start drunkenly thinking of ways to either kill yourself to end the pain, or kill Wobbler to end the horror.

Then you start all over again one more time.

Then, and only then, will you be ready to translate anything into stupid English.

20. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Or you could ask us, we talk to wobbler daily. We have strong stupid empathic skills.

Our Host!