The Red Dress

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by jfkoski, Oct 9, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

One of the things I was thinking after going through the game as female was that it was a gyp that your +20 dress isn't red, like the suit. There are so many women with magenta dresses as to make yours seem unimportant. But I think it's a bit beyond me to try to modify all those art files to red and set them to the +20 dress, while keeping magenta for most npc's.

Of course a fancy dress for a gnome or halfling would be even tougher because I understand they don't have all those weapon animations.

I imagine it would be easier to set up the lady's boots to work just for women and shorties and not for men. It's hilarious to give a half-ogre lady's boots and see him wear them.

2. xoid

xoid New Member

The former would be impossible without replacing one of the palettes available.... but that would update everything already using that palette and you're back to square one.

The latter would be considerably more difficult than you'd think -- to the extent that it might as well be impossible. A script could be easily made to do that, and editing it into the proto would not be all that much more difficult. For a new module, it's possible -- as you'd be placing new instances based on the newly scripted prototype.
    With Arcanum it's another matter, as there are so many instances of pre-placed Worn Ladies Boots and Ladies Fancy Boots that it'd take a miracle to track them all down. You could use the 'reset instances to their basic prototypes' function (can't remember the exact name) but that would make every single unique item become exactly the same as it's prototype. (i.e., Ring of Silence, etc., etc... gone.)

3. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I think the ladies boots are largely a garbage can item, so they show up, go away, show up again, ad nauseum. For game purposes, I only use them at the start when you're digging in the trash for boots, anyway.

Our Host!