Makeing a Warcraft III Arcanum map

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Spiffy, Sep 7, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Well, sadly... I've never actually finished any of my maps... I always got bored when I was about half way through. And the 1 time I DID finish one, it got fucking corrupted before I could release it!! >_<

But yes, I am pretty much a pro at map making for Warcraft III.

2. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 New Member

Tall talk with contradictory evidence. Anybody who's spent even a tiny amount of time in WarIIIEdit knows bloody well the game is 3d and woulden't be remotely compatable with 2d Arcanum art.

I call stinking bullshit.

3. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Tell me, why would a random person lie about Warcraft map editing?! To be honest, I didn't even know that Arcanum was 2d... it looks 3d to me.

And if you dont believe me then just ask my Warcraft buddies.

4. ShadowDragon8685

You come in making claims, I say the burden of proof is on you. Also, you'd have to be bloody retarded to not be able to tell the difference between 2d sprites and 3d models. And yet you say you have modding experiance.

I call bull. Arcanum is very obviously a 2d isometric sprite-based game, such as Ultima Online (before the really lame expansion where they tried to make things 3d, on the original 2d graphic mapdrop). And Warcraft III is very obviously 3d, as anyone who has even played the tutorial would know, since the camera pans and zooms automatically.

So, yes. I am calling bullshit. And no, vauge "Warcraft buddies" don't cut it, since you could make up any AIM name, gmail account, or register any new account here and use it to claim to be a buddy.

As for why you'd lie; lots of people do, for no reason whatsoever. It's bizzare, but they do, and I'm saying you are among them.

5. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

If you have never finished a map due to boredom, don't bother with a full Arcanum map.

6. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Just sign up on www.thehiveworkshop.com and make a thread asking if I do, asshole. My username is Deathell :asshole:

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Yeah, and while you're at it, ask for me, too. My username is either IceFrog or Duke-Wintermaul. Asshole.

Correct link is www.hiveworkshop.com btw.

I can see how it would be easy for you to make that mistake, judging from the time you spent finding a flashy asshole animation in between making maps and embellishing reality. :roll:

You could even show us one of these half-finished ones. I've done beta-testing with plenty of mapmakers (DarkShoGun, Forsaken-Sin, etc.), so I'm pretty sure I can tell from a half-done map if you're any good at all.

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i'm wondering why anyone would care if he was making it up or not. what's the matter, shadow, is your manhood threatened?

9. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

You are so not IceFrog, haha. And if you are, then it's pretty cool to be talking with you considering your fame and all :)

And also if you are, I just want to say that I really just don't like DotA, no offense.

Now let's see here... the only "half done" map I have (which isn't even really half done, maybe like 1/5) is Armageddon the Open RPG and I really don't want to post it to the public because I'm considering continueing it and someone may steal it if I do.

Seriously, if you don't believe me, just as the hive.

10. ShadowDragon8685

No, I just like stirring the shit.

Also, if you are IceFrog, no offense...

Please, kill DotA now. It's moved beyond beating a dead horse, now we're into the realm of molesting a skeleton.

Okay, my main gripe is that I suck at it, and there's no way to get better because I get my ass whooped so hard by everyone who knows every intimate detail about the map and won't tell me what the hell I'm supposed to do.... But I still think we're into the realm of skelephillia.

11. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Guys, I'm not really IceFrog. As can be guessed by the fact that the other name I dropped was "Duke-Wintermaul". The guy who invented TDs.>.>

Anyways, Spiffy, if you ARE a member of the hive, and ARE a respected mapmaker, then the best thing you can do is post THERE. A map on the scope and scale of Arcanum will need their help anyways. So please, go ahead and post there. Personally, I'm not going to embarrass myself by registering on a forum and asking if they know such and such, before being smacked down by "Dude, anybody could say that's me".

One fifth of a map isn't half-done, either. It's like... the terrain. And maybe a few edited units.

And I'm sure IceFrog gets people messaging him about DOTA all the time. It's not like we have to click on it when we see it in there (not that we can, cause we get booted anyway. ;) ).

I care because my RL friends play WC3 and won't believe Arcanum is cool if they ever get their hands on that map before they do a copy of the RPG. D:

12. UberLord

UberLord New Member

Spiffy, don't even fucking bother with ShadowDragon, he takes pleasure in insulting others. :roll:

13. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

What, no claim is able to be voiced without some sort of skepticism? It's good that not everyone here agrees, because it leads to one of two things;

The accused proves everyone wrong, or
    The liar leaves.

I just want to play something different.

14. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Everybody who saw your mass gravedig upon registration was being passive aggressive against you, UberLord. And why are we all assuming only ShadowDragon is opposed to a novice making an Arcanum map? I'M AN INDIVIDUAL TOO. Don't make me knock down your Bastille.

Our Host!