Am I dense, or can I just not find anybody? I need followers

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by ShadowDragon8685, Aug 29, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 New Member

And I don't mean the usual menagerie of Sogg, Virgil, Magnus, Dog and Jayna.

Not that there is anything wrong with Sogg Mead Mugg, Virgil, Magnus Shale Fist, Dog, or Jayna Styles. I like them all...

But damnit, I want a real mage in my party, and I want someone else I can share all my cool gunnery inventions with!

So, let's recap. Here's all the people I know of whom I can get to join the party, their "profession" (as a warrior - everything else is secondary for this discussion) and why they are suitable or not. (I'm talking about those you can get as soon as you resolve the Shrouded Hills bridge problem, not those who have other requirements, like getting to the isle of despair, or navigating your way through the plot)

Virgil - Jack of all Trades - kinda have to kill him to get rid of him.
    Sogg - Big Half-Ogre Warrior - You really want him
    Jayna - Human technologist - Find her in Dernholm and she's easy going.
    Dog - Dog - Doggy! He's a free follower, no reason not to take him along, as long as you don't mind walking. (I don't mind. Molochean Hand random encounters means magic stuff to sell. :) )
    Magnus - Dwarf somewhat technologist warrior - Get him outside of P. Schyler and Sons. Not too hard to get him, but he does kind of involve the plot a bit.

Jeoffery Allerond-Tashe - Dark Necromancer - Evil Schmucktoid who won't travel with you if you're Good.
    Torian Kel - Ancient, previously-undead warrior - Evil Schmucktoid who won't travel with you if you're Good. Plus, he's a warrior, and I'm specifically looking for non-melee characters.

And that's the ones I know of. Are there any others I can get without furthering the plot? I'l looking for mages and gunners, though to be frank even an archer would be a welcome change from "Bum rush the enemy!" I'm of Good leaning, so those who won't travel with a Good character are out.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Well, there's Raven and Zan Al'Urin, when you get into the glimmering forest and complete a rather large chunk of the main plot.

3. ShadowDragon8685

Yes, I know. (I also figure I'll need to be a Persuasion Master, because I'd rather have both... ^_^ ))

But still, I'm talking about party I can get without furthering the plot.

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I know that you can get another half ogre bruiser, Murgo, without advancing the main plot too much. All you need is to take on a quest to fix the altar of Halcyon in some tiny town near Tarant. Vooriden, I think.

Oh, and you can get Gar by negotiating with H.T. Parnell.

6. ShadowDragon8685

Yeah, but the problem is that I have enough bruisers already.

Sogg Mead Mug, Virgil, Jayna (she learns melee!) Magnus, and Dog.

I want some help who can give me ranged gunnery support, and definately some magical support. I have bruisers coming out my character's cute elven ass, I don't need more.

7. Maduk

Maduk New Member

8. ShadowDragon8685

9. Maduk

Maduk New Member

IIRC, Vollinger will not betray you with right actions.

10. Klaz

Klaz New Member

Perriman was my favourite mage, he's quite good compared to the rest of mage followers. (You'll have to advance the plot a bit if you haven't been in Quintarra yet)

11. ShadowDragon8685

Is it just me, or are the number of mages available for companions rather low? And the number of competant gun-using companions nearly an impossible-to-find breed?

12. Klaz

Klaz New Member

Well... how many gun users are there? I only recall Franklin Payne and Vollinger... maybe that halfling in the Gateway to the Wastes, although I'm not sure...

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Sebastian also uses guns I hear, though I've actually NEVER had him in my party.

14. ShadowDragon8685

Payne is a ponce, and he's such a ponce he dosen't even meet the MSR for his elephant gun. >_<

Meh. I'll just edit Jayne and Magnus to use guns. I can finally give someone else all the charges and let them use the tesla rifle. :)

15. Klaz

Klaz New Member

In Car Arcanum, Magnus becomes a gunslinger too.

Our Host!