Question regarding the Caladon negotiator quest from Mr. W

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by golemmaster, Aug 29, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. golemmaster

golemmaster New Member

Guys,
    I'm about to embark to Caladon to get that book about the dark elves.
    Now, I have spoken with Mr. Willousborough in his office.

I asked him if I can be the negotiator for the Caladon/Tarrant Alliance.
    He said no. I guess you gotta have 5 points in persuasion, I have 4.

Im 17k exp away from the next level, then I could pump up my persuasion skill to 5 (I already meet the charisma criteria). However, theres not much left for me to do in Tarant so I would have to do some quests in other towns.

Now, allthough I wasn't accepted as negotiator, the quest is still listed in my questbook as "mentioned" (black font).

My plan was to do some quests on my way to or in Caladon, reach level 5 in persuasion and do the Negotiation quest.
    Can I do the quests although I'm not officially appointed by Mr Willosuboror to do it and its only "mentioned" in my questbook?

Or do I have to get my 5 ranks in persuasion, go to Mr. W. before and officially be accepted as negotiatour to do it?

thankis in advance for your help.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    My wild guess is that you'll have to meet the skill criteria. If you're out of quests, just scout the world map for interesting places to investigate. Levelling isn't hard to do in Arcanum.

Topic moved.

3. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 New Member

Or you can just give your story to the Tarantian, if you haven't done so, and just wander around outside Tarant until random Molochean Hand encounters level you up.

Also, if you haven't done it, go to the Boil and basically kill everyone who's not a shopkeep. And if that fails to get you all the way, scout the sewers some more.

4. golemmaster

golemmaster New Member

Well, I think it would be the safest bet to get the job officialy after all.

I haven't still visited black root, I will go there and see if theres enough quests to get that 17k full.

5. ShadowDragon8685

Have you cleaned out the dungeons? Questing isen't the only way to get XP. Malachai Rench's castle should get you a couple of levels.

6. golemmaster

golemmaster New Member

You mean the castle in ashburry? Yup, ashburry is completly done as is pretty much every other location I have found so far, except black root and that kree village. I have also smoked out every part of the tarant sewers. I think Im pretty advanced levelwise for this point of the game (Im level 32 now, theres hardly a challenge left for my 6 man party equipped with pyrotechnic axes, loaded swords, elephant guns....)

But getting those XP will not really be a problem. I just thought I could do it "along the way", like going to black root and than continue to caladon without getting back to Mister W. to officialy get the quest.

Would safe me some money for the trip back via train. On the other hand, I don't think Ill have to be THAT stingy, so Ill just drive to black root and than back to tarant and than per ship to caladon.

I guess its more of a 'roleplaying' thing than anything else, I dont like my characters make unecesseraly long yourneys just for fun when they had important main quest stuff to do. But hey, may journey to quintarra and back took me 2 months or so, so what difference would the short trip to black root make anyways ยด? :)

7. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

There are two areas I use for levelling: one is the graveyard in Ashebury. The buggers keep coming out of the ground until you get the gem. The second is Liam's Void Gate. They'll keep coming out four at a time (turn-based) until you fix it or run away. Oh, and I do the hits and kills myself: Throwing or Harm works best - so I get the experience.

8. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

I've had both of these generators run out of monsters. But maybe they were just taking a break?

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Levelling in the Ashbury Graveyard is only for low-level characters though. Grinding down lv3 zombies near endgame isn't what you'd normally want to do.

10. ShadowDragon8685

Unless of course you're bored out of your skull and feel like lagging your PC with zombie corpses.

Our Host!