God Endings Bugs

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Oracle, Jul 9, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Oracle

Oracle Member

Hello,

I'm close to finishing Arcanum again so I wanted to have a difrent ending this time. After spending some time looking at the possible endings, I wanted to get the God ending. I seemed very hard to get these endings in game. When I looked for more helpfull topics I came to the conclusion that the endings a bugged.

Are there any fan made patches for this yet? The last patch doesn't fix it. I tried to fix it myself but no avail. I only managed to broke my arcanum again.

on a sidenote, downloading the scripts from Terra-arcanum I saw it had some extra files then mine scr folder in arcanum3.dat has. How come? one of these is 00997EndSlides.scr possible a fix or somthing ?

Thanks

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

If you mean the ending where you become a god or join up with an evil god then that's not standard Arcanum. That's Car Arcanum.

997EndSlides is the script responsible for playing the slides which have been queued up during the game. If you wanted to you could set it to play all possible slides at the end.

3. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

re: God Endings

I think it's for the standard game: When I agreed with Kerghan, left and came back there was the dialog choice that allowed me to say I wanted to become a god (good, dark, quiet, don't know yet). Unfortunately, I was playing around with the endings .scr file to make it show all possible endings, so I don't know if there really is a glitch yet.

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

The image is definitely part of the original game, as for the slide, I don't think the god ending is part of it, it's part of Car Arcanum, Hard Arcanum and CBArcanum, though.

5. Oracle

Oracle Member

I didn't install car-arcanum and yet the slide are there. I believe its unfinished busness of the developers.

6. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

Found Solution for Endings

I'm sorry to doubt you. I'd never been particularly keen on joining Kerghan, but that's what you have to do to qualify for 5 or 6 different endings. I discovered that unfortunately there's a "join Kerghan" flag (2632) that's set to 1 when you join but never resets to 0 when you subsequently go against him. This overrides all other endings. I got the "you and Kerghan destroy Arcanum" ending even though I'd destroyed him, which doesn't make sense.

There are several possible ways for the game to end when you get to the void (besides saving & quitting).
    1. die.
    2. join Kerghan then die.
    3. join Kerghan, defeat his rivals in the void and return to destroy Arcanum.
    4. destroy Kerghan with the Vendigroth Device.
    5. destroy Kerghan with Kryggird's Falchion.

The last two occur even if he surrenders. Now I found that it would be hard to go through all of Kerghan's dialog and reset gf2632 to 0, and it might not apply if you just shoot him or something. Clearly if you are against him, then you will have destroyed him before returning to Arcanum. So I found two files to add a line to each in order to fix it:

02863VOID-KerghanDeathMoviePlay.scr
    4. Global Flag 2632=0

02682VOID-VendideviceMoviePlay.scr
    5. Global Flag 2632=0
    [Note: line 0 should change from "ELSE goto line 6" to "ELSE goto line 7" with ScriptMonkey].

These files can be found by "undatting" or downloading scr.zip. Remember to save these modified files to the folder Arcanum/data/scr

I've gone back to my saved games in the void and tested several "god endings" successfully.

Our Host!