Shit... I've lost my skulls :/

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Muro, Jun 5, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

OK, so I've encountered a little problem in my game. I met Tyron in Caladon and then I've realised, that I don't have the twin skulls in my inventory nor do have my followers. And to be honest, I don't remember seeing them for a really long time, in none of my earlier saves I have them. I don't have situation like throwing all items out, except the quest with moving the stones on the halfing farm in Ashbury (although I already checked there), so I'm pretty sure that I would not just throw them in a trashcan, I keep an eye on quests items. And so, I have a few question:

1) Is it possible, that I accidently sold them anywhere (I don't havy any skills in haggling, so I'm curious if any shopkeeper would even buy them).

2) Is there any way, a program possibly, to check where in the game world in my save is an X item (here, the X would mean the skulls)?

3) I've read of situations where quest items just dissapear. Is there any cheked and working item generator for version 1.0.7.0 (I'm not sure if I would use one, cos I don't like cheating but, errrr, the pain of losing this quest...)?

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

If its gone, its highly unlikely you'll get it back; As far as I know nobody buys it so you've either encountered a glitch or put it in some random container (so good luck checking every chest on the continent).

3. Langolier

Langolier Member

Think of any place where you might have stored things. I myself used to keep things in the Inns.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The problem was, I didn't store items anywhere in this game, just to not have situations like this. I suppose it cuold be an encourted glitch somewhere. Just like when that archeologist gnome always take the Vendigroth gear with the skull from Nasrudins grave for no particular reason. Damn gnome, just stealing my souvenir like that.
    I already have an idea of a new character arfter this one so I'm not keen searching inventories of all Arcanum npc's and all Acanum's chests only for searching skulls, which propably will not be there. Especially when I know, that that quest comes to a dead end. I'm just about to be banished to the Void, and I decided to somehow live with the lose of the skulls. They are so important so I imagined, that propably a mercenary thief stold them when I was sleeping in the Tarant Inn. :p

5. Langolier

Langolier Member

You can always pretend that "they" stole the skulls for you...

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Well that's what I've said, because behind a mercenary there would be someone who hired him to steal the skulls. And apparently "they" did it.

7. Old School Role-Player

Old School Role-Player New Member

Did you give them to the Phrenologist at Tarant University? I ran into the same problem, and had to get it back from him later.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Nah, I didn't. He didn't even ask me to bring them. Maybe it was because I've already handed them to de Cesare, so maybe the quest to bring them to Tyron blocks the one from the phrenologist.

9. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

A bit late, I know, but...

I had this problem once too. It may be that you had Virgil holding them, and when he runs away and loses all his stuff the skulls are lost from the game.

10. Spoffler

Spoffler New Member

perhaps given to a follower that has sense died/ran away?

Our Host!