How to get Worthless Mutt to join?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erikkson Diablobane, Oct 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Erikkson Diablobane

Erikkson Diablobane New Member

Hi, I am currently having Virgil and Magnus. I killed the gnome who was attacking the dog and I raised the dog's fatigue to a positive number. I have also raised my charisma to 12. But when I click on the dog, all it said was "Woof!Woof!"

How do I get it to join my party? Please help :sad:

2. ratster

ratster New Member

You need to talk to the gnome before you kill him. He "gives" you the dog.

3. BlueDEvil

BlueDEvil New Member

In other words, you must not let the dog die. Looking for the dog is first thing you do when you reach Ashbury or else forget the dog. You can travel to Ashbury after reaching Tarant to get the dog immediately.

4. Milo

Milo New Member

I don't know, since this has never happened to me. Dog has always joined me. But then again, I've never killed the gnome either, so...

I have no idea if these will work, but you can try them. Just save your game first, just in case.

-You can try killing him and then resurrecting him.
    -Try going to the general store and buying some food. Then feed it to him. Who knows? It worked on Dogmeat in Fallout I...

If those don't work, then do like ratster said. Go to an older saved game and talk the gnome into giving the dog to you. He's a pushover, anyway. Everytime I've ever menaced him, he quickly backs down and gives me the dog.

5. darrenh2

darrenh2 New Member

DON'T kill gnome

I killed the gnome the first time I came upon him. After he was dead, the mutt was still being "kicked". I guess by the gnome's ghost or something. The gnome dialogue would sprout up in midair, the kick sound occurs, and the mutt take damage - even though the gnome was dead!

6. Ioo

Ioo New Member

You gotta talk to gnome, after that you can kill him, or scare him, or pay him. either way dog joins you unless you help the gnome kill it. If you dont get him right away you'll find his body, and also when you ressurect him he doesnt join your party.. at least he didnt after he died in battle against bates guards...

7. Emrys

Emrys New Member

There was no gnome

The dog was dead and there was no gnome. I guess they dont want normal players to use the dog, you would have to be super lucky or read the forums to get it by going to that exact spot right when u got to the town. Ohwell. I don't need a freakin mutt.

8. Quethim

Quethim New Member

i had to threaten the damn gnome

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Our Host!