With what character did you actually finish the game?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Mercury, Dec 26, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. pixie

pixie New Member

Hi, I just started to replay arcanum actually, my home computer broke so I have to use my labtop until I get it fixed which can't run anything new. I haven't played Arcanum in a while so I decided to play that and screw around with the campaign editor a bit.

2. Madness

Madness New Member

You gravedug a thread that is 4 months old. See how old the last post of a thread is before posting.

3. Spoffler

Spoffler New Member

elf fire mage, theif, fighter, blah blah blah

my favourite was the guard template on a halfling... he kicked ASS.. and he was so small, too.

4. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

Female half-elf mage, maxed on necro white and force, with a bevy of followers.

On my first try.

:D
    --Piper

ps I only started playing this game in the middle of exams last month. I'm about to kick Kerghan's butt again.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

First time: good elven pure mage with maxed: intelligence, willpower, force (and master in it), white necromancy, conveyance, temporal, divination.
    Second time: good human technologist with maxed: intelligence, perception, dexterity, mechanical, electric, smithy, gunsmithy, firearms (master), dodge (master), repair (master).
    Now I'm in the middle of the game with an evil elven battlemage necromancer with maxed: willpower, constitution, dexterity, strenght, dodge (master), melee (master), temporal, mental, white necromancy and black necromancy (and I'm willing to use the Tulla trick and an in-game glitch to get mastery in all of those 4 magic schools).
    Reffering to this topic, I don't actually think, that completing the game with any character is really a challenge. Most battle situations can be avoided when one is a persuasion master, and when one is him, he usually has a horde of fallowers, but even without them it isn't hard to get through it, especially when the final boss apperas to be very dissapointing.

6. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

Oh, come on! A thread like this has no expiration date, does it? :p

My first attempt at playing the game was with the pirated version, and that ended in the Boil, where my half-orc melee fighter found out the hard way that 30 levels and Shield of Protection wasn't enough in the big city. Then I figured that the game was good enough that I should just wait until it was released properly so that I could play it with as few bugs as possible.

I only finished Arcanum once, and that was with an elven woman who started out as a Charlatan's Protégé. I thought I'd try to make her a gunslinger mage, just to thumb my nose at the rules of the game, but I quickly got tired of seeing her drop her revolver and inflict damage on herself. So she only ended up with Fire of Agility and Strength of Earth, which are two awesome spells that any technologist would use in a heartbeat. (Stupid game.) She was also to become an assassin, judging by her name Jenny 'Curtains', but since she also wanted to become a Master of Persuasion, she had to botch the big assassination in Caladon. Go figure. In the end she finished with a huge party consisting of Magnus, Sebastian, Jayna Stiles, Dog, Medical Arachnid, Arronax, Kraka-Tur, Z'an Al'urin and Sogg Mead Mug. Her preferred method of killing was to shoot everything from far away with her Looking Glass Rifle, though she switched to Droch's Warbringer at some point. She mastered Prowling, Pick Pocket, Lockpick, Persuasion and Firearms, and ended up with Alignment +100 and Tech aptitude +30. And 25 unused skill/attribute points, because I wasn't sure what to spend them on. :cry:

And then came the age of multiplayer and experimentation, resulting in me wanting to play a half-ogre because they run really fast in real time mode, which is quite handy when you've got a rifle and don't want anyone to ruin your fine suit. Though I guess I should play an evil mage to see all the stuff I didn't get to see on my first playthrough? Yeah, I started an evil half-ogre mage called Eater of the Dead, but quit playing after I had micromanaged him to pick up Geoffrey, Dog and Torian Kel at precisely the right levels to avoid having any of them lagging behind (Virgil is there too). But now I feel like playing him again, so I guess I will. 8) (Turns out he's a lot worse at keeping his party members alive - could have something to do with him not stealing from stores, and I may be too stingy with fatigue restorers. Or I'm too used to sniper tactics.)

Next time I'll probably play a 'proper' technologist. Been experimenting with a few options, and right now it looks like it'll be a human Frankenstein's Monster. Haven't played with dumb dialogue, and even though it looked kind of boring when talking to Virgil, I suppose that it may become hilarious at certain points. Well, hopefully. :roll:

EDIT #2: Thanks, rroyo! :)

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Gillsing.

Our Host!