Fallout 3 Teaser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mori, Jun 5, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

You realize that "Oblivion with gunz" is not only taking the perspective into account right? If the only thing that is changed would be the perspective, then I wouldn't be so open to bashing Beth in every other post about FO3.

HA! The graphics are the least of my worries... It's the fucking daisy chain kill and fetch quests, the HAVE YOU SEEN A FUCKING RADSCORPION THE OTHER DAY NPC dialogs. The very same people who are responsible for creating watered down rpgs with almost nothing to show for but graphics are making a sequel to one of the highest regarded rpg games in pc history, do you think fallout attained its cult status because of its perspective? No, it was the writing. And that's what Beth is worst at. The target audience for this game is completely different than the one over a decade ago, hence the content will be different. Do you really expect a faithful sequel bearing in mind it's made for people with patience spanning a 2 minute wait at Burger World and an instant gratification approach?

2. Milo

Milo New Member

Honestly, I don't care what view it's in as long as I can blast children's nut sacks off with my gauss pistol and sell my gay lover into sexual slavery before I go on a self-imposed mission to punch every living cow in the known world exactly three times without killing them.

And I want to have the option to play as a retarded guy and/or a hot underage girl.

The fans have spoken, go Bethesda, go. Godspeed.

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Well, there won't be any of that I'm afraid. And I was sooo looking forward to getting a slaver tattoo on my forehead again. :/

4. Milo

Milo New Member

WELL FUCK THAT SHIT

I'll still probably buy it though. It's fallout 3.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Go to This page.

The entire fallout collection (one, two, and tactics) sells for 10 British pounds. I bought my copy from there, and they shipped it out through a local distributor.

Thank me after you chip the semen from your in-seam.

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Yet another excuse to get out of updating my woefully obsolete PC.

Still, I've only ever tried buying things online twice and both times my purchases failed to show up.

7. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

Also don't mail them your bank card and pin. They say they'll mail it back once they pull the exact amount for the purchase, but they keep lying to me.

8. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Vorak, that collection is a available at a store close to me, for about 20 Australian dollars. If you want to send a person the money and hope that he will ship it to you instead of trusting an evil internet corporation with your credit card number.

9. Mori

Mori New Member

I liked it because it was a fun game with a lot of replay value, quests, better than average combat and tons of moddability?

Also, the Fallout 3 devs did say that bloody mess was their favourite perk. Plus the Fallout 3 site now asks you to confirm your age, it being 18+.

10. mathboy

mathboy New Member

You're stupid.

Fallout isn't about blood and gore, or even about prostitutes and drugs, but that's what the developers like about it (if they played it). Look at FO:BOS.

11. Mori

Mori New Member

It was in reference to people a few lines up implying that the adult content was removed.

12. mathboy

mathboy New Member

The important parts of it probably still are.

13. Mori

Mori New Member

From the teaser they've got the style right. The 'Ask The Devs' threads have given me some confidence they can pull off a decent fallout game. Plus they gave the official forums some purpose other than winding up the freaks who go there to whine. It's evident that they've already decided to hate the game regardless of how good the end product was. They'll hate what anyone but Black Isle put out. Some of them like Obsidian, but Neverwinter Nights 2 was a shitty departure from the first game.

14. Vorak

Thanks for the offer, but money orders outside of Australia are impossible unless I use Western Union which doesn't have that many offices outside of Sydney.

I'm changing banks so soon enough I'll have a debit card that can be used for internet purchases.

15. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Technically you wouldn't be getting the product from the site I linked, you'd get it from a sister-store in Australia. But, having a debit card may help in that matter. Basically, you just need to email the main site, tell them where you are, and they'll say whether or not there's a store near you. I think I got mine about four days after I ordered it. One caveat, however;
    It's not a group of 3 CDs, it's one DVD. Does your woefully obsolete PC have a DVD reader?

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Never mind about the tent screen-shot. Got it.

17. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

No, I haven't. And from all the hate you guys are tossing around regarding it, I probably won't either.

By technical advances, I mean the sheer computing power they have available now versus what they had then. Fallout used the character mouth talking thing because they COULDN'T use live video feeds at the time and cram it all in one/two disks without making it incredibly expensive. They used isometric perspective and a few other things because (I think) the alternatives weren't up to par yet or didn't exist.

Yeah, I guess it was the interactions and the writing that truly made Fallout an outstanding game. The quests and the NPC speech and everything came together to make a pretty nice package.

I see your point, but I guess I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic about this project. It's either that or be really depressed for like 1.25 years (plus the inevitable delays).

18. Vorak

Well I do sorta kinda have a DVD drive Gross, just as soon as my neighbour goes somewhere for an hour and leaves his backdoor open.

19. mathboy

mathboy New Member

You could always mail me the money and then I could send my CD version of it and buy the DVD one to keep.

20. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I download Darkland from than abson game site. It was the only RP make by micropose it than bit primate compare to the game that came after. It share the openenden of Arean.Daggerfall and morrowind and the lastest eldest scroll game..

Our Host!