Need some advice on where to go with my character.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mori, May 31, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Langolier

Langolier Member

If you actually DO get two doctorates you spend a crap-load of points but the items you earn are generally worth it too. Machined platemail, Auto-Matons, various chemistry-grenades... The hard part is that without exploring the game first it is hard to know what skills will best compliment which disciplines.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

That's why it is good to firstly play the game as a mage, but when found a schematic check what's with it. By that way, I knew what disciplines are good to mix before I started playing as a techie (with 4 disciplines choosed to max, cos it was so hard to choose between an automaton and a tesla gun, bether get both :D).

3. Mori

Mori New Member

my ogre is has 100 in smithing and mechanical. Automatons are awesome, but it would be nice to have some points in stuff like herbology for some health cures that actually work.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Why bother having healing abilities when you already have the medical arachnid? ;)

5. Mori

Mori New Member

I only have one, and if it died I couldn't make another (Need high therapeutics to make one). I've been messing around as a magic based barbarian type character. They have it so easy. Unlocking stuff with magic is great, harm is uber, charm is also great when you're an ugly bastard like my half-orc. The only problem is I got hold of the dark helmet from ashbury (I really did not expect that place to be full of the undead) and equipped it a lot (I had forgotten that it was the buggy one). This made Virgil get -1000 reaction with me and attack me in black mountain mines :*(. He is dead now, it's just me and dog. I need to find an evil healer, pronto.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Well, than don't let it die? Or reloead when it happens? It's too valuable to just let it be destroyed. Also, How could a medical arachnid die? You really make it run all the time? For me it's too freakin slow, I unpack it only when I or somebody from the party needs healing, ale after than, whup, hey Magnus, carry those 1000 stones for me.
    O, and you wouldn't be able to build one anyway, at least not without a special downloaded patch.
    As for a evil healer, well, you're gonna have a problem with that. Actually, if i'm not wrong, the only evil healer would be Virgil, because he has the same aligment that you when you do evil things, so he would actually become evil with you, but getting evil so extremely fast not by quest but via dark helmet kinda screwed that aligment connection. So my friend, have you considered learning white necromancy? You should now.

7. Mori

Mori New Member

I keep the medical arachind in my inventory most of the time. But it shares virgil's suicidal love of running into crowds of enemies when I am trying to click it. I learned minor heal, it's bizarrely effective when i cast it, unlike it was with virgil. Gets me fully healed in 3 or 4 casts. Dog also died :(. I forgot to save and then realised too late (at the exit) that he had died along the way back from traps. I replaced him with Torian Kel.

8. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Before I started playing rroyo's beta, I had an awesome Melee/Jolt character. That was a lot of fun.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Mori, I assume, that you don't quicksave too often, now do you? In a game when you cane unlimittly save, I would never let a fallower just die.

Jolt is a powerful and non appreciated spell. When playing a elven pure mage, I finished the game with using as a attack in combat practically only this spell. Run into a crowd of enemies, make them surround you and BLAM, multi jolt. Absolutely deadly. It takes maybe two times more fatigue then harm, but when there are several enemies surrounding you, so practically always, it appears to be much more economical.

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Yeah, I'm using jolt if there are more than 2 enemies in my current game. The benefit of harm is that you can stand further away though.

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Maybe I liked it so much because I played my first game in real time combat, so the possibility of attacking from a distance wasn't really a benefit, much funner was to get surrounded on purpose and then multijolt. With turn based it's a little less good than.

Our Host!