Help With starting arcanum singleplay!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by mc Speedy, May 19, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mc Speedy

mc Speedy New Member

I desperately need help with arcanum singleplay! When i start the game after animations and shoping the game screen is black and it says "Please wait" and nothing happens. I can enter character inventory and stuff but the middle of the screen is black. When I save and load I find myself at empty map with shopkeeper and can't go anywhere else. When I enter the map it says that im off the right border. I can play other moduls but can't play the original game. If anyone can help me I'll be most gratefull. I tried to find answer everywhere but couldn't find it.
    Thanks in advance!

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

My suggestion would be to delete the game, then re-install and patch.

One other thing - take a good close look at your disks. If one or both has a scratch, get it or them buffed, then reinstall.

3. mc Speedy

mc Speedy New Member

It didn't work, I tried it allready. i tried on difrent comps also and it didn't work. Maybe someone can send me a save game right after start so I can test it to se if it would work. I will try to modify the game in WorldEd if I figure out how.

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried running in safe mode?

5. mc Speedy

mc Speedy New Member

Yes, I tried all those "simple" things but didn't help. I was thinkin' maybe some script is not working that would teleport me to the begining or something like that. Btw. Does someone know where can i download some modules like Vormantown? All I have found are short ones. I'm also workin' on my own modul for multy/or singleplay. I have read atmut but it stoped right when it got to hard things.

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Vormantown is in the game, go into the options and you can play it by changing the module from Arcanum to Vormantown.

But since it was designed for multiplayer it is severely restricted in certain aspects such as the inability to advance time.

You can get just about everything else Arcanum related here:

http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/dload.php

I think the only mods we don't have arethe French ones.

7. mc Speedy

mc Speedy New Member

I know, i played Vormantown, I ment some modul like Vormantown. I'm realy frustrated couse I can't play arcanum modul couse from what i saw on Vormantown it loks like a great game. right now im extracting arcanum.dat and will try to change something there. btw. I have downloaded moduls on that link but they are realy short. when I first started to search for maps(modules) I hoped that i would find at least 100 of them. couse the game looked great to me.

8. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

There are some people working on original arcanum-sized mods, but thy're still in the works.

9. grandaddy

grandaddy New Member

humm i remember the same happaning in the demo but that was a long time ago
    so you have tried re-installing, patching, running in safe mode, looking if the disks are in good shape, running it on a different pc

coppy and paste a dxdiag here for us to investigate

10. mc Speedy

mc Speedy New Member

I think I found my problem with singleplay but i still need some help.
    I think that problem is in first map in arcanum modul (Arcanum1-024-fixed) couse thats the onley one I can't open in WorlED (whenever i try WorldEd just close (crash)). So I need someone to extract Arcanum1-024-fixed folder from arcanum.dat -> maps, zip or rar it and mail it to me. When ziped it's about 5 mb. My mail is mc_speedy_vukings@hotmail.com.

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Comin' at ya, guy! All 7 3/4 megs of it. Check your e-mail and let me know if you get it.

12. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You should probably take that down as soon as possible, it's likely a violation of the EULA. :)

13. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

14. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Isn't pretty much everything a violation of the EULA?

And if it's the EULA of Arcanum, it has no legal power where I am, so I wouldn't care.

15. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

But rroyo is located in the US, where it does have legal power. :)

Our Host!