My idea for the Arcamum sequal (prequal actually)

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by poikamela, May 12, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. poikamela

poikamela New Member

Its more of a prequal as it is set before the Arcanum story (back when magic was more powerful and vendigrothian style technology was more diverse)

I have come up with 3 new spells for each magical school aswell as new tecnologies for each pathway. I've also designed a new god/goddess system (gods for each race 1 of light the other of shadow, with a special new offering for each god, and new rewards for gaining their blessings) I've also created 4 new skills, tracking, horseriding, etc.

My idea is that you start off coming out of a train station, a stranger runs into you and knocks you down, as you both get up you notice 5 Ogres chasing after him and you follow him to escape them. (as far as i've gotten)

The idea is that at the games climax, you and your friends will equal the number of schools of magic. Each character will be equipped with the ancient magical items that go with each school, axe of force, bow or air, ring of nature. Each school has a unique weapon and ring aswell as a subsequent item, shield, boots, gloves, helmet. (unique weapons not found anywhere else in Arcanum)
    The items are the ancient armors of the "legendary" twelve defenders who defended the world form evil 2000 years ago. Part of the main story will be to go out and locate these armors for the final battle (as each set of armors will impower the user in the school of magic with which they are connected (and only by having the completed set of items can you use the most powerful spell from each school.

Have also the idea for a few side quests... At one of the gnome gods temples, you find a book (it tells you of the life of the gnome before he became a god. you find that he was the last member of his family...and that his fortune was hidden somewhere in Arcanum. Then you follow clues so as to find his fortune.

Have also come up with ideas for new cities (dwarven, elven and human) have even got ideas for halfling, orc and ogre settlements. These cities all link in with skills and training and other events in the game.

If there is anyone who wants to know anymore about the game just ask, I have an entire book of notes on my ideas.

If the developers of the game Arcanum are interested, I would very much like my ideas to become a reality.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The developers of the game Arcanum (Troika) went bankrupt several years ago so there will never be a sequel.

3. mathboy

mathboy New Member

You mean unless Bethesda buys the rights to make one, right?

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Well, then we'll get The Elder Scrolls VI: Arcanum

And we certainly don't want that.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I SAW A KITE SHAMAN THE OTHER DAY!

I HEAR THE MOLOCHEAN HAND ASSASSINS ARE RECRUITING!

6. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

ARRONAX ?

7. Powam

Powam New Member

How is this a prequel? And wouldn't that old wizard guy (who's name I forget) of mentioned items to help you, if that was the case.. ..

8. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Jesus...reading this thread made me realize we're all very bitter toward Troika's dissolution.
    Even the new guy is.

It's an awesome idea, though. All we need to set it in motion is a few million dollars and an army of programmers/illustrators/testers.

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'm not sure if it would be consistent with Arcanum lore to only allow the 8th level spell while carrying a certain unique set of items. There is also an inherent problem with the whole each-guy-being-responsible-for-one-magick-school thingie, being that it's been overdone to death. It's akin to go through an iceworld, a fireworld, an earthworld and an airworld in order to acquire the four crystals of power.

:thumbup:

10. poikamela

poikamela New Member

Thanks for the replies, I rwealise that at present this is a pipe dream as there is no backing for the game. In answer to some quesetions. Nasrudin wouldn't have offered help in Arcanum with the items i mentioned because of the ending for the game which I have devised. And the idea with the lv8 spell is that it is so powerful that without the magical properties of the items you have (fatigue +150) attempting the spell would cause you to fail and faint.

11. grandaddy

grandaddy New Member

you could split the game in half
    one half would do the magic stuff
    and the other would do the vendigrothian stuff

12. poikamela

poikamela New Member

But the wole point of arcanum is that you cam mix and match and combine to create a unique game for your character.

Our Host!