Playing again! Damn I love this game!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by dstanzler, Mar 30, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. dstanzler

dstanzler New Member

I've been reading this forum since my second year of high school, so around 2002. I remember when the game was reviewed in PCG and I thought it looked great. I had just retired from EQ and wanted to play. I bought Arcanum for my brother's 12th birthday which consequently made him cry. When I loaded him up this sucker and showed him how to play, it became a fad. We even played the multiplayer mods. Every summer we would queue it up. Usually I'll reinstall it in the spring. But there is nothing as pleasurable as playing this RPG on a dark and cool summer evening. It's spring now, time to get it back up and running.

I'm currently taking a break from Wow and last night lying in bed I was having some sort of nostalgic craving for a CRPG. Wow doesn't cut it, Diablo ii has been done so many times before-- time for Arcanum.

I just loaded it onto my Linux box (I only use linux) and threw it up in VMware on an XP virtual guest (its too buggy in wine). I'm going to post screenshots every once in a while as I play, damn, I love this game! Damn, I have so many memories. I'll share them with the screen shots. I'll be taking my time through this run.

I'm glad this community is still around, still active-- the Fallout ones are too. Man that's sweet.

Dave

After the blimp crash. I wanted to show Ubuntu in the background, because it rocks =).

[​IMG][/img]

2. SirGarrickStout

SirGarrickStout New Member

One can never be truly freed from Arcanum. That should come written at the box.

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I play Arcanum in Wine, how is it in VMware? does it take up a load of resources or is it ok?

Our Host!