Steam Engine Quest: I ... fear to kill this kind dwarf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by T2, Oct 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. T2

T2 New Member

Hi
    I'm just starting the game. I'm Human, 'Son of Hero', lvl 3, in Shrouded Hills.
    I stopped the Bank Robbery. I'm considered now as a good guy, and I want to play a good guy anyway.
    So, when I discovered I had to kill the dwarf guarding the Steam Engine in order to solve the Jongle Quest, I was quite puzzled: this dwarf is certainly not very bright, but it's no reason to kill him, knowing in addition he shows a friendly attitude with me.
    Is there a way to disable the Steam Engine without killing him ?
    What happens if I "drop" this quest ? (can I ?) ?

Sorry for asking you such a silly question. I hope I'll better "feel" the game when I'll get more experienced...
    A french player.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T2 on 2001-10-03 13:12 ]</font>

2. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

well...

Of course you can drop the quest. And I know I forgot to say this on your first post but...
    "Welcome to the forum T2!"
    0:) 0:) 0:)

3. T2

T2 New Member

4. Elfiro

Elfiro New Member

also t2,you can kill the little dwarf and still be good its just a matter of doing other good stuff to make up for the loss.

5. Vicsun

Vicsun New Member

Killin innocent dwarfs is just not right. What I usually do is tell the constable about this bad alchemist!!
    Anyway I think you can just destroy the engine but the dwarf will tell and afterwards the people will hate you...

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Hervor, the dwarf I assume you are talking about, is a very silly dwarf. He likes hearing those steams roar and like that. If you kill Hervor, you can finish Jongle's quest. If you don't, then he will tell Constable Owens about this and you will never talk to him again.

You can botched this by telling Constable Owens about Jongle plotting to destroy his steam engine and then he will send two guard to guard the steam engine.

The way you accomplish Jongle's quest has a plot at the end of the game.

Our Host!