Game sequence broken ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by raptor, Jan 27, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. raptor

raptor New Member

Greetings a quick question if you would be so kind (and yes I did search first).

I am in my first run through the game, and play a very explorer kind of character (Elf with good combat and magic skills by now), and have thus managed to find alot of places i was probablly not ment to find until actually starting with the story line. Problem Quintarra (the elf town), I have found this town along long time ago, and just now i get a quest to find it. Problem is that when i go to Quintarra i do not advance the quest.

It seems I have broken the "game sequence" to much, is there something I have just overlooked or do I have to start over again ?

Thank you.

(And I hope i have not broken any of the rules in this post!)

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum and you're in the right place.

Have you done the Wheel Clan/learn about Stillwater yet?

This is a long shot, but I did manage to recover the sequence once by going back and doing the Wheel Clan, then Stillwater parts.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome, or you could just load an earlier savegame, or start a new character.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Have you tried killing Myrth/using Conjure Spirit or stealing his medal and giving it to the elven herbalist in Shrouded Hills? That might trigger Raven appearing.

5. raptor

raptor New Member

Yes, but after I had already found Quintarra. Infact I explored almost entire world before even talking to Bates, including finding Quintarra.

I am afraid that i have played for way to long with this character to have any savegames thus far back in time remaining, Level 50 for a long time now, was about level 40 before even starting on the story proper, and i had found Quitarra before that. As said I like exploring.

I guess I should just start playing on next character then...

Thank you all.

6. Grusewittz

Grusewittz New Member

In game, Raven comes with flag "off" in her "options". She`s appear ONLY AFTER succesful speak with Gaylin, Myrth, or dead Myrth.

7. Madness

Madness New Member

Well, thats what happens when you don't play the game in the right order. :???:

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I've forced Quintarra before, and the game still progressed just fine for me, after I'd slain Myrth and talked to his ghost (well, I did that or brought the N'Tala to Gaylin).

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

So I guess the moral of the story is;
    If you've randomly found Quintarra and you want to force the game to progress, you must go out and kill Myrth/steal from him and give the amulet to Gaylin.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Grossenschwamm

Eh...yeah. I think the evil you gain is negated for giving the amulet back to Gaylin.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Grossenschwamm

Yeah, because he's probably the one who stole the amulet in the first place.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His sarcastic tone gives that feeling. Why is Gaylin never mentioned in the game?

15. Grossenschwamm

She's in Shrouded Hills. She's the resident herbalist, and it seems it's her only real plot device in the story.

16. Madness

Madness New Member

Yeah, she's the one whining.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now I recognize her....how can you find out that she knows were Quintarra is in the game, without looking in a walkthrough?

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

At the beginning of the game, ask her about work. Then, when you return the amulet, you ask about Qintarra.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll try it out right away. Don't you hear something like that if you ask people for rumors too?

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Not that I've ever found. Myrth and Gaylin seem to be the only two sources of that info.

Our Host!