Eh, WorldMap Question?

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Unknown??, Jan 20, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Unknown??

Unknown?? New Member

Um, I don't know if anyone will answer this; but...

How would one go about adding new locations to the worldmap in arcanum singleplayer? I basically just want to mess around adding a few caves and stuff, and possibly a village.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really can't add locations to the world map, but you can visit places that is already on the world map but you don't know about them yet. It's simple, go to http://arcanum.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/locations/locations.shtml and check what location you would like to visit and in the world map in the game, point the cursor over the cordinates.

3. Unknown??

Unknown?? New Member

But, what about Chris Beddoes? He added several locations to the worldmap I believe.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About that I don't know anything about, maybe mods/hacks? But if you just want to "have some fun" in a cavern or something I think that you should do as I suggested.

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Hang on - there is a way.
    You'll need to unpack the Arcanum.DAT to get to it, but the file you're looking for is called gamearea.mes and it's in the mes folder. It's pretty self-explanatory.

However:
    Unless you're really good at calculating the coordinates for your new location, you'll need to make several tries at adjusting the X & Y coordinates, then save, start the game and check the new location.

Also:
    If you plan to add a town map to your caves - like the ones for the sewers and such - you will also need to access the Townmap.mes and the Maplist.mes, which are in the Rules folder.

BTW: Are you working with Original Arcanum or Car-Arcanum?

6. mathboy

mathboy New Member

And don't even try listening to Mr Van Stran. He's talking about while you're playing the game, but since you posted this in the Modding and Scripting Support Forum I assume you mean adding with World Ed or something like it. Point is, don't listen to him.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He kinda asked for that, besides, I think that my solution works pretty good if he just wants to mess around in a cavern or city.

8. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I don't see an in in that sentence.

Why do all the stupid members here have to be Swedish?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But he can add some real locations too if he want's to. Besides that, you're Swedish aswell.

10. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Hmmm... Because your country has a high internet penetration and english knowledge is pretty common amongst its citizens ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, that's right. Piratebay for an example is Swedish.

12. Unknown??

Unknown?? New Member

Well, I don't know how this erupted into some argument about being Swedish, but thanks anyways for the help. Sorry if I wasn't being descriptive enough with my first post....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our Host!