BANK ROBBERY BY DUMBIES IN SHROUDED HILLS! Read all about it

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Mercury, Dec 30, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mercury

Mercury New Member

(Revival of the famous thread over GameFAQs/Gamespot forums.)

The Tarantian

BANK ROBBERY BY DUMBIES IN SHROUDED HILLS!

Our reporter in Shrouded Hills brings news of an attempted bank robbery. Do not worry, folks, for it was a complete failure! Quite humorous, actually.

Our reporter spotted a 2 shady visitors in the small mining village. One of them was apperantly a human priest and the other a dwarven gentleman. A day later Doctor Roberts contracted them to stop a gang of thieves. As there were gunshots heard in the bank, the party rushed in to the building. The doctor skillfully took care of 2 of the robbers with his legendary aim. Meanwhile, his contracted aids were BOTH knocked down unconscious by the 3rd thief! Nevertheless the good Doctor and the bank clerk(who was honored) successfully dispatched the remaining robber.

But it does not end here! The priest and dwarf attempted to robb the bank themselves that very day! The dwarf planted an explosive on the door while his comrade was trying to tie the clerk. It did not end as they would have hoped though. The cleric knocked himself down while trying to catch the bankteller! The dwarf unholstered his revolver and started firing at the clerk, which resulted in the PRIEST getting fatally hit! And just when the things could not have gone worse, the explosive exploded and, tragically, made the poor dwarf perish!

Truly, these fellows must be the worse thieves in the history!

(Please, post such news yourself!)

2. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Reader message to The Tarantian.

Daer Mr Wright,

I enjoy your daily newspaper, however, with all due respect, should it not be released weekly?

For a small article you ask for an amazing price of 2 gold pieces! I assure you that this is far more than the majority can afford. Not only that, but it seems that news page is compromised of dated news. There was no council meeting last Friday, for example. And also another tax raising has been considered for as long as I have been a reader! If this would be the case, then surely there would be no profit to speak of!

Even though I enjoy reading The Tarantian, it is flawed beyond the norm.

Faithfully yours,

J. R. Morat

3. Langolier

Langolier Member

Quite the riveting and dare I say humorous account. Just as soon as something strikes my fancy I'll share a tale or two of my own, but at the moment nothing of consequence has happened to me; that I can remember at least. Perhaps I need to go on a few adventures myself and see... what happens?

4. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Our Host!